inTank Media Baskets

New design questions

aviator300

I just received a new Tide and have 2 questions on the new design.

1. The old driver box was closed but the new box is open all around. Is this right and if so, what keeps dirt and moisture out?

2. The new models come with a lens protector over the array. Do I take the screws out to remove this then screw them back?

Light looks great with the new slimmer design.

jedimasterben

1) Nothing. Just don't keep it right next to the tank, keep it a good or two away :)

2) Yes, screws are what is holding it in, but you should not have to pull that apart. :D

I just received a new Tide and have 2 questions on the new design.

1. The old driver box was closed but the new box is open all around. Is this right and if so, what keeps dirt and moisture out?

2. The new models come with a lens protector over the array. Do I take the screws out to remove this then screw them back?

Light looks great with the new slimmer design.

Forrest,

1. Correct. You should be plenty fine as I have been using it for close to a year. Just keep a foot away. Dirt wont effect ( unless you go outside a dig with it ).
  2. Just peel the blue film off. Easy as that!

-Dave

1) Nothing. Just don't keep it right next to the tank, keep it a good or two away :)

2) Yes, screws are what is holding it in, but you should not have to pull that apart. :D

Thanks very much Ben.

Archived