Pod Your Reef

Renstar's Saltwater Journey

Renstar

looking good. im interested to see what the RR acro looks like for you when it grows some. their corals are so expensive all i ever see are small frags.

looking good. im interested to see what the RR acro looks like for you when it grows some. their corals are so expensive all i ever see are small frags.

I've seen a couple of nice colony pics. Surprisingly, that wasn't a very expensive piece to get. Although, that's the one acro that isn't doing much at the moment. I switched over to Aquaforest Priobiotic salt and I don't think it likes it much. Figured there would be a couple pieces that wouldnt like it.

A buddy of mine gave me a RBTA and a tricolor valadia that was bleaching out to see if I could rescue a piece of it. The RBTA looks like it attached and became incredibly happy pretty quickly. I was surprised at how resilient it was. First picture is it being in my tank after 2 hours. The 2nd is a poorly FTS of my tank this morning. There was extreme blues on since it the lights just turned on so it's always difficult to capture it.

F031F109-9D6E-45F4-9C4D-B348CE06DE93.jpg

BD6C761D-C7A2-404A-A62F-8D6990C8740F.jpg

Not the best picture but this is my newest addition. I removed it from the plug its on now and place it another plug since the one it came with had so much glue on it. You'll see in the picture. It's an AA Rainbow Mango. One of only a few frags out there. Hopefully this one does well and colors up nicely.

DSC00892.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

How are you liking the AquafOrestes stuff ? Some local stores carry it andoesn't it seems to be doing well for the sps tank.

How are you liking the AquafOrestes stuff ? Some local stores carry it andoesn't it seems to be doing well for the sps tank.

My tank loves it. Like any program it can do well in some tanks but not in others. I currently use the Probiotic salt, Component 1+2+3+, and the ABVE drops. For nutrient control I use NoPox since the Aquaforest line up actually caused my nitrates to jump. Now I have them back under control at 0-2.5ppm.

Water change Sunday. Here's a FTS. Moved some corals out of my tank and into a buddies tank while I finish my 40g breeder build.

FTS.jpg

I completely butchered what i was trying to say lol. I wonder how the system does long term. I want to try it on my nano set up which will be mainly sps.

I completely butchered what i was trying to say lol. I wonder how the system does long term. I want to try it on my nano set up which will be mainly sps.

I gotcha. There's a couple on the FB Aquaforest page that have exceeded a year I believe. I could be completely wrong though. I would say give it a shot. It might be easier starting on the programming then making the switch to it.

Some nice peices Renstar. Looking forward to how they grow out for you.

Thank you! I'm hoping they outgrow the tank so I can have an excuse for my fiancée to let me get the 40g set up faster.

• 4 weeks later...

Small update. Everything seems to be going well. Had a rock that got a bit of dyno. I wasn't attached to the rock so the rock was removed and replaced with a fresh rock from Billy's Reef. Besides that things have been going well. My WD frag is starting to color up nicely after it's browning from shipment a few months ago. It's taking forever to encrust the frag plug but I hear that's to be expected with them.

My black widow nem moved around the tank like a crazy person. I think it's found a good spot finally but I didnt notice it moved since I was away for 2 days so it stung one of my acros. Luckily it wasn't too bad. I moved the acro and it looks like it's doing better.

Here's a couple pics of the WD.

WD.jpgWD-Top.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick update. I've started transitioning all of my SPS out of this tank and into a friends tank to hold while I do a major tank upgrade. I'll end up having 2 tanks. 1 SPS dominated and the other a clownfish/anemone harem. The only SPS piece left in my tank is my WD. I'm afraid to move it and cause it to lose color again since it's taking awhile to color up. Still haven't gotten much of any growth from it either.

Here is a tank shot as well as a close up of my favorite nem so far.

For the camera people.. 0 editing. Straight from my Sony A6000. The first picture is with no white balance while the 2nd picture is with the built in white balance in the camera.

95B8C695-B9A8-4F07-98C9-94976A093CF8.jpgB2972CAB-9A59-492B-95CF-A70EF88F7C4A.jpg

Archived