ReefCleaners.org

new candy coral.

RedSkaNite

Bought my first coral today, a small candy coral frag with 3 polyps. The polyps are at the end of a coral skeleton about 2" long. How do I set these guys in my tank? I'm afraid the coral will blow them around if i just pick a spot. Should I superglue the end of the skeleton?

Oh, and I am thinking that you could super glue the skeleton to a rock as long as you don't superglue any of the polyps themselves. (Someone please correct me if I am giving bad advice here)

Gil

You can glue or use aquarium epoxy to stick the end to a rock or place it on the sand with the end sticking into the sand. I have a big bunch and they sit on a rock.

Nope, your right there. Thats exactly what I would do if I had a small frag, either stick/sit it on the sand or glue the end to a rock, obviously not glueing the flesh - which could even kill that head etc

Der just stick it into the sand. Why didnt I think of that? Sorry I don't have any pics, I don't have a camera. They look just like the pic above, except for the skeleton. Can anyone point me to some good info on these guys? They don't seem to be in either of my books, or if they are, I havn't found them :)

Archived