Pod Your Reef

Feature request: Intensity slider?

JCase

Got my NanoBox with Bluefish controller. Both awesome so far!

While playing with the controller to setup light ratios it occurred to me to treat the LED color sliders like an equalizer on a stereo and add a volume control (intensity).

For example; I setup a ratio that gives me the look of 14k lighting for the mid day setting with the ratios that I want. Add a slider at the bottom of the mid day for intensity. The intensity slider would act like a volume control on a stereo. Keeping the ratios I set just raising or lowering the overall intensity.

What I see as the benefit for this; I add a new coral and don't want to bleach it out. I can go into each daily setting (Morning, Mid, Evening) and adjust the intensity slider from 70 to maybe 50. Then over the next 2 weeks just increase it by 10% to I get back to my 70% I started at. The color of the light remains the same. I don't have to worry about changing the color ratios I already set.

By doing this I don't have to mess with each individual color slider once I have the color of light I like. Just adjust the overall intensity.

Thoughts?

JCase

Archived