Pod Your Reef

Wee-Tanked 10g nuvo fusion

jackmccann

Elizabeth94

Well, my old tank was a 29 w/sump. But I want something longer and deeper. Ill probably end up with something around 60gals this time around. Still searching for the perfect tank.. I need something with no black background and a corner overdlow. CAD told me that I could peel the black backing off their tanks. Might go with them

• 2 weeks later...
jackmccann

So I'll be leaving in a few hours for Europe for three weeks! It'll be my first travel experience using a backpack instead of a suitcase. My girlfriend and I are pretty anxious to leave but I am sure once we are through security we will feel a lot better!

BE1B10F3-827A-4317-9997-923A5BE0B6E4.jpg

I've got as much of my tank automated as possible and have a few babysitters as well! I am not worried at all about my large tank but am interested to see how well the wee tank fairs!

I took a crappy shot of my zoanthids to see how they do over the next three weeks, will post a progress shot once I return!

FC160100-78A6-404A-B0BD-FC4EED12E7CD.jpg

Sharbuckle

Great choice on a pack. I have two ospreys, 65L and a 24L. never let me down once. have a great time.

jackmccann

Great choice on a pack. I have two ospreys, 65L and a 24L. never let me down once. have a great time.

I spent countless hours doing my research and am so happy that I purchased this pack! Couldn't ask for a better rig and we aren't even off the ground yet!!! Looking forward to seeing how they hold up! I bought two osprey 55L

I spent countless hours doing my research and am so happy that I purchased this pack! Couldn't ask for a better rig and we aren't even off the ground yet!!! Looking forward to seeing how they hold up! I bought two osprey 55L

HarryPotter

So I didn't see them in person so don't know how accurate this is, but just setting a custom white balance makes things much more clear and lifelike.

Before:

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-27%20at%2010.00.

After:

531BF97C-EBEB-4414-80DC-79CF764B019A_zps

• 4 weeks later...

What did you do/what did you use to alter the photos? They are very much so identical to what's in the tank

So I didn't see them in person so don't know how accurate this is, but just setting a custom white balance makes things much more clear and lifelike.

Before:

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-27%20at%2010.00.

After:

531BF97C-EBEB-4414-80DC-79CF764B019A_zps

HarryPotter

What did you do/what did you use to alter the photos? They are very much so identical to what's in the tank

Hey! I just used the Photos app on my apple laptop. All you need to do is drag the "white balance" until the picture resembles what's in your tank :)

Thank you! I'll have to mess around with some of them on my Mac and see what happens

Hey! I just used the Photos app on my apple laptop. All you need to do is drag the "white balance" until the picture resembles what's in your tank :)

Update: so with the upgraded pump and being back from vacation for a week I have managed to bring my tank back to life! It is looking much better now and have added a few chalice pieces that I love!

I also grabbed a pair of designer clownfish recently which I will be posting shortly! I am really excited for them as I have always just purchased regular clownfish in the past and the patterns on these ones are so intriguing

• 2 months later...

It's been a busy summer but I am finally getting some down time and being able to enjoy the tank some more.

My tyree toadstool has been self propagating! Looking forward to all the tiny toadstools around my tank, even more excited to trade them for some more corals! Will post a pic when my lights are on again.

Just finished a big wc and a full glass treatment! Will post photos later when everything has opened up again or tomorrow once things have settled in!

• 2 weeks later...
n0rcal2wheeler

Was wondering if you think a sicce 1.0 as a return with a slip stream would be enough flow for the tank or too much? want to find a good return upgrade so i dont have to run a powerhead in the display. Thanks for your input

Was wondering if you think a sicce 1.0 as a return with a slip stream would be enough flow for the tank or too much? want to find a good return upgrade so i dont have to run a powerhead in the display. Thanks for your input

I run just the return and spin stream, I am more than happy and don't run a power head at the moment. Chalice, sps and zoanthids are all happy

Just a quick pic of a new addition the wee tanked,

E565FAFC-D7E5-4905-926B-11F7CE1C449E.jpg

Will try and get a good tank shot when I get the chance after everything settled from the water change!

• 6 months later...

Big changes ahead... shutting down the nuvo as well as my 80g at my parents house and setting this up... going big on this one guys! 

IMG_7979.JPG

I got a Red Sea reefer 170, it all comes with a stand sump and tank... 

my nuvo nuvo is on a biocube 14 stand works perfectly 

I'll just leave this here... and setup a new build thread....

Red Sea Reefer 170

return: vectra m1 

powerhead: mp40 wireless quiet drive 

skimmer: reef octopus 110sss 

lighting: ai prime hd (will be upgraded) 

IMG_8001.JPG

Archived