Top Shelf Aquatics

Check out this MH complete hood.

pos_user

very cool. nice and clean and stylish too. I am surprised they can make one so small. I would be interested to know the light bleed from it and what to do if you dont wish to hang it.

hey X - if not hanging from ceiling. IT would be on some type of fixture where it would be secured to a wall fixture. Example. 2 L shape elbows screwed into wall for support and for the lit to rest on. thats how i woul ddo it. I would do 20k bulb since i wouldnt be able to have room for for mods to add PC supplements. So i would just have the 20k Mh bulb...i think the price is right - what do u guys think

yeah...but the length of my 20H is 24 inches.

I dont think that 12 inch length will fill my entire tank with light. I can picture shadows and less intense areas since the actual fixture wont be covering the square inch area of the tank.

I dunno pos, I think you may be okay as the light will pan out on the sides as trimv said. It is a great looing light and is a great buy. I would try it.

I mean, its a 250 HQI, the corals on the edges wouldn't get blasted, but they may be fine. If this were a 70 I would say no, even a 150, but 250? Thats tons.

And yeah, 20000K for sure.

Like I said above, MH generally has a spread of 24", so you should be fine with that fixture on a 20 gallon. Plus, it's 250 watts over a 20! Go for it!

im bad with DIY - i once made a diy hood...and it was garbage. I hated everything about it. And it took me a long time to make too.

I think im gonna get the light...and make it happen :)

Archived