ReefCleaners.org

WHat the heck is this thing..? Freaky...

DESERTHEATRACING

DESERTHEATRACING

Ok on the back of my hearmit crabs shell... it is about 1" long. Parts of the shell are cut away kinda and those parts are round in shape. They lift up like they are not attached to the snail shell anymore and a little mouth come out of it like a snails mouth! HELP! they are totally freaky and I do not know if they are bad or not!

DESERTHEATRACING

Ok... I poped two of them off which took GREAT force to do so! They have a cap or dome covering them which looks exactly like the shell... And man can they munch on the shell of a snail! Looks like somone carved the shell up with a die grinder... any idea's..?

DESERTHEATRACING

Found out it is a type of drill snail that literally will drill through any snail shell and kill whatever is inside!

DESERTHEATRACING

ah only going by what my lfs store told me sine no one responded to the post until now :) I had no idea what they were but they just about ate the whole crabs shell!

desertheat, what part of AZ do you live in? if you are in the phoenix area you should come to the DMS meeting sometime, we meet on the last thursday of the month, and have some very cool raffle prizes, guest speakers and presentations put on by members.

DESERTHEATRACING

Nice I am in Tempe. I am a totally new nano reefer and have a great start with my 10G. I have 3 fresh water tanks "10g, 29g and 55g and 1 29G brackish with violet gobies and jade gobies. I think so far the 10G nano tank has been more fun than any of my other tanks! Hit me up via email and let me know more on this meeting thing.

DESERTHEATRACING

I have been going to the ocean floor, pets inc and aquarium arts. All I have in my tank right now is 11 pounds if lr, 6 pounds of ls, one false nemo, 2 turbo snails, 4 blue leg hermits and one red and a nice rock covered in macro algea. I am useing an ac 110 "500" for my fuge with a current usa 40w and on the fuge a coralife 9x2 micro light thing. Opps forgot to add also have 1 cleaner shrimp. The tanks is almost done cycling for the 1st time and all the brown stringy crap is dying and going away yeah! Lots of odd crap growing that I have no idea what it is but will know someday haha :)

definitely check out www.aquatouch.com and swing by their store, they have the healthiest fish available in AZ. also try ocean art. youll like them both. if you have any questions please feel free to get in touch with me more than happy to help new nano-reefers.

DESERTHEATRACING

I will do that, that store looks awsome. I knew about the one on 48th but have not been to it! I will check it out tommorow.

Archived