ReefCleaners.org

coralvue mh bulbs?

jaguilar

does anybody here use the coralvue metal halide bulbs? i will be setting up a 175watt fixture soon, and i need to replace the bulbs that are currently in it. i was looking at the cv 12k, and i really like the way it looks. here is a comparison of different brands of mh bulbs. the whole study was done with 250w bulbs, but i figure that the difference would be minimal.

http://www.cnidarianreef.com/lamps.cfm

it seems that coralvue bulbs fair well with other, more expensive brands. but i would really like to hear from someone who has used these bulbs for an extended time. is there a reason why this brand is so much cheaper than other brands? i know that you get what you pay for, so if it came down to it, i would get either the hamilton 14k, or the hamilton 12ksunburst. i just want to hear from someone who has actually used the coralvue brand. thanx....

I've got a friend running 2 150w PFO HQIs with 20k Coralvues and they look really nice. He's only been running them for about 3 months though so I don't know if they stand the test of time. Very crisp light.

Archived