Pod Your Reef

couple newbie Q's

Jezze

I know I have bristle worms in my tank, I just dont know what kind they are.  Does anyone ave a site that show the different kinds?  Also, is there anyway to remove them if I already have a semi stocked tank?

And about those hermit crabs..  do they shed?  cause I keep finding what looks like dead hermit crab bodies, but my hermit population never decreases..

Jesse

printerdown01

I wouldn't recommend removing the bristleworms, unless they are quite large... These guys are great at consuming decaying matter and stirring sand. Thus, in my opinion they are indespensible. If you really don't like having bristleworms in your tank you can buy a bristleworm trap. You place food in the middle of a plastic tube, the worms enter one side and cannot get back out -they do work quite well...

ya leave the worm till it get really big....but about the hermit i alway thought they were fighting for shell and one died.....so hopefully someone can give us both a better understanding on these guys...

As second2n0ne said hermits do molt. It's kind of strange because the "skins" look like hermits. Several time I've thought one was dead only to do a head count and find them all alive.

Archived