SaltCritters.com

hellolights 13W PC heat problem

Goofnut

Hi guys... I just installed my new custom hood and after having it on for around 2 hours, I came back to notice that the reflector was lying on top of the bulbs -eek! The adhesive on the sticky velcro tape that attaches the reflector to the ballast base melted and released.

Anyone else have this problem? I personally don't care if I have to remove the tape and use something else, but I gotta find a solution soon! (wouldn't you know it would happen on a holiday weekend! :P )

printerdown01

Only had my running for 3 days, but I haven't had that problem yet, thank goodness!! I'm running them 24/7, If you find a solution post it! It would be great to have the solution before I have the problem... -Thanks I HOPE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT!!

I figured I'd probably have to end up using some thermally resistant epoxy or some sort of custom mounting bracket, but I was hoping there was an easy, official "fix". Maybe like installing two thin washers between the ballast and hood to create a small airflow gap? If I find a workable solution, I'll be sure to post it here printer :)

I just installed an 18 watt pc into my eclipse hood, and I found a nifty way to make a gap between the light and the hood. You will have to mutilate your hood a LITTLE though.

I drilled 2 holes through the reflector and hood, and pushed long screws up through them. I then attached a nut to the screw at the top of the hood to hang the light in place. I can adjust the distance between the light and the hood by turning the nuts on top of the hood. Know what I mean?

The only drawback is drilling holes and having screws sticking out of your hood, but it might save you from a disaster.

Archived