Top Shelf Aquatics

Terry's 90gal come back project

no694terry

I went and got 3 green chromis and a small clown on Saturday. The chromis seem pretty happy and the small clown was instant friends with my old clown. It's finally nice to sit on the couch and watch the tank

• Like 1

Its looking nice and clean! I am glad that you have some fish you can enjoy. I love shrimp and would definitely have some if they were not going to end up being expensive meals for the seahorses.

I got my gfo today. It takes practice i guess. I tried rinsing it out in the reactor. FAIL. so i said screw it and just turn pump on and turned tank into orange soup. Ugh. My foam blocks let like 20% of it pass through so theres a pile in my sump and i think whats left its tumbling too fast

• 4 weeks later...

Added the cooked rock into the 90 and a dimond goby plus yesterdays regal damsel from my office tank. I think its about complete. Just gotta beat the cyano. I moved power heads around so well see how that goes and i got a new box of salt so big water change tomorrow

20170204_161017-X5.jpg

• Like 1

I added a diamnond goby saturday to try and keep up on the sand bed. Its gone and vanished. It was out all day saturday, even took some pellets. Then sunday no sign of him. Not on the floor, not anywhere. Holding out hope its just hiding in the rocks for a while

Still no sign of diamond goby. I did however find a large nerite snail in my sump. I have no idea how it got in there since i have grate/covers on my reutrn lines. It must have climbed out of the water and down the outside of the return pipe and into the sump

Found diamond goby while i was removing sump. Stupid expensive fish.

I shop vac'd out my sump. Im adding a baffle to place the skimmer on left side now so that it gets to stay at a constant level rather thanvalways changing with evaporation. That and it will also trap solids in the first area and have more time to skim them. And i might try cheato again in the second area and egg crate off the return pump. Just need it to dry over night and finish putting stuff back

20170211_133547-X5.jpg

major bacterial bloom the last few days. The waters is very cloudy since i changed GFO and added baffle to sump. I guess its because it took such a big hit to the bacterial surface area .

turns out the GFO was getting ground up in my reactor. I turned it off and water cleared up in a day and im a bout a cup low on the GFO that was in there. 

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

Gha got me again, bad. Coulda won a gha competition hands down. I dont even know where it comes from. So i changed 50 gallon water changed from siphoning and scrubbing again. I fixed up skimmer amd got it running again and rearranged rocks for better flow. I think the kids might "fed" the fish a few times. And lack of water chamges left the nutrients in there. I need a new cuc too. And i want to add some banded trochus, got one in my 15 and its a machine. Some day ill add some coral to this tank, its been up 4 years and only grows gha

20170930_203453-X4.jpg

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

poor 90's status. I had the whole package with the LED lights up for sale for $350 and no takers, some people contacts but no one showed up. Now i think i might turn it into a cichlid tank. I dont really want to put the money into all new rock and sand and mixing salt etc... 

20180715_133044-XL.jpg