SaltCritters.com

Kessil a360we or Radion XR30 Pro ?

do_0b

How high above do you have the lights above your tank?

About 7 to 8 inches above the water line. I am not one for major bleed out on the lights so it is just high enough to get a little spill over onto the wall. Here is a pic IMG_1473.jpg

Very nice. It seems like it covers the sides quite well from this angle? I will be hanging off my ceiling as I don't like the look of a gooseneck.

I would love an ATI but not a fan of having to switch 4,6 or 8 bulbs every 6-12 months.

In terms of SPS growth and color, do you guys find any differences between the 2 lighting?

I've had both a kessil 350w and a radion over my 25 lagoon. For sps mostly acros radion hands down. If going for mostly lps and softies I would go with kessil
Cencalfishguy56

I've had both a kessil 350w and a radion over my 25 lagoon. For sps mostly acros radion hands down. If going for mostly lps and softies I would go with kessil

That's iffy, I've seen an sps dominant tank with only kessils idk tough one

Yeah I think Shaun (4x5) got some good growth from his SPS with the kessil 350 before switching to T5s.

im only talking about what I've experienced. I had a kessil sps were doing ok, put the radion and they exploded with growth and color was much better. I know other reefers that have experienced the same thing

And I'm talking about acros. Montis do fine under kessils

Archived