SaltCritters.com

Whats everyone's water change schedule?

Davidwissman85

If I may add on to the question, does everyone get their replacement water up to temp prior to your water change? or just add the water at whatever room temp is?

I haven't been worrying about it but I've realized that my temp drops about 4-6 deg F when I do a change

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EquinsuOcha

I try to get the same temps. Only time I don't is if my tank is at 81°F I try to put 79.5-80°F water in.

I would imagine its way less stress on the tank if the temps match... also on another note if you have a non auto temp refractometer, it would be a pain in the ars to have to calibrate for each temperature.

everyone preaches stability and consistency - ie - "exactly 3.4 gallon water change at 5:47pm every Friday" I understand that but..

what if I change 4-6 gallons every 5-8 days randomly based on my schedule, how much junk I siphon out and how much salt water I have mixed up already?

I use heater and power head in a Brute so I always have between 10-20 gallons mixed and ready.

Nano sapiens

With heavy feeders (pair of adult Clownfish) in a 12g, 1/2g/2x week. With a few small Gobies, 1/4g/2x week (1/2g total/wk).

Archived