ReefCleaners.org

Reef room décor

ajmckay

I had these on the wall over my 10g macro tank

IMG_8224.jpg

This is after I took the tank down :(
2015-09-18%2021.43.21.jpg

And to the right (above my 3g) I had this painting from high school and a few tropical/invert pics, here's the three I currently have above my 3.7g

461030_3824318529544_1608748087_o.jpg

2016-02-22%2022.02.54.jpg

Nix, what a great place for a tank! If I had a tank on the counter next to my fridge I would be eating all the time. Yeah I would probably just sit there staring at the tank with the refrigerator door open and forgetting what I went into the fridge for in the first place... Wait I already do that (forget)!

Stella, love the kitchen tank ! I think the green foliage around it really looks nice - as does the abstracty "fruit loops" art :P

Dandelion, nice location as well - you can observe the tank and mix a drink at the same time!

dmarkham, very nice colors in the room. Reminds me of my parents house - my mom likes American Indian art. The textured walls are also nice.

Got Corals - agree with the others, couch facing the wrong way! Is the other room a garage or basement or another room? The tanks certainly command your attention.

Stevie, bad ass show room as always - I think it's hilarious all the tanks are turned around - but obviously see the reasoning behind it. Umm, where did you get those little night stands? Those look nice.

I've got a pretty healthy "glow" coming out of my front window at night as well - most of my neighbors know it's a reef but I bet most passers by stare at my front window for a second and come up with some theory on what it might be...

Thank You. I guess it is not hard to tell that I am in a small Texas town. lol

Stevie, bad ass show room as always - I think it's hilarious all the tanks are turned around - but obviously see the reasoning behind it. Umm, where did you get those little night stands? Those look nice.

Thanks. Finally got in here a few weekends ago to finish getting the rest of the slatwall up. Still need to transfer the tank to the lagoon 50 but it's hard during the busy season.

Yeah we look at tanks a little differently here, just easier for me to show or test stuff out if you call or email.

Non aquarium stands are from Amazon, basically end tables. Super cheap compared to getting real stands and they sit lower so more maximizing of the space

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UME2PS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

and before that these. But the ones above were much cheaper so moved to those over time to save funds

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NPTUGM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

A little blinding cuz it's dark out , but you can get the idea...

image_3.jpeg

Small china cabinet left of the tank, obsolete DVD collection on the right, fish room under the stairs (behind tank)

image_2.jpeg

There's definitely something going on in there...

image_1.jpeg

Lallen, your style is a lot like my own. I like a cozy/comfortable area that's held together with more modern finishes/materials and layouts. I like how the coffee table and aquarium stand are the same look - ties things together. Is the aquarium stand on wheels as well?

Nix, good luck with that fingerscrossed

Sunstar, cool little nook you have there. Like the wall art - reminds me of a friends basement. Having a computer nearby is handy as well. Is that an ATO reservoir next to the tank?

Yoshii - sad there's no tank there, but some very cool art still. Did you make the framed macro pieces? Those are pretty cool I hadn't thought of something like that. It's simple and informative lol. I really like the painting you did! Stellablue has a thread showcasing some of her works. I like the green and purple you chose though - makes for a very vivid image.

Bowen - dorm tank? Looks great. I like the pier picture next to it. Also like the new stand (the old one wasn't bad but having the closed off area for electronics and ATO reservoir is nicer). Is the new stand an IKEA item?

Stevie - thanks for the links! I think I'm going to order some of those, for use as actual night stands. The slat wall looks really cool too. Doing a tank with a clear/frosted back would look nice against a wall like that.

natalia - cool place for a tank, bad ass place for a painting of a tarantula. Between you and Hippie I'm eager to look toward eclectic side for more ideas. Also cool to have a tank in a reading room like that - should be easy to rest your eyes on the tank when taking a reading break.

CruiZe - I'm going to have to stop by sometime to see your 40B since we're pretty close. Having the 40B in a peninsula style is cool and I like where you have it. Kind of nice to have a walk out door in the basement as it gives the tank a bit of natural light. Having a fish room under the stairs is pretty convenient as well - I'm only allowed a "fish corner". I have an area under the stairs but It's still pretty unfinished so I'll probably just use it as storage.

Oh, and you should probably try to keep the ALIENZ in your basement hidden more hehe... I get a fire in the sky type vibe.

Yes, AJ, the stand is on wheels. I have it earthquake-strapped to the wall, though, just in case. I have a friend who lost her 120 gallon to a quake a few years ago in California, and I'm a little paranoid.

And thanks! This was a cool thread. Usually, all we ever see are disembodied tanks....

Sunstar, cool little nook you have there. Like the wall art - reminds me of a friends basement. Having a computer nearby is handy as well. Is that an ATO reservoir next to the tank?

I want to get something better - I am on the fence about an aqua lifter. Its wrapped closed because of ants, and I had to spray the immediate vicinity around my tank because ants were drinking from my ATO and were walking across my desk. As for wall art. I am a bit of a nerd.

Archived