Pod Your Reef

The Pitons 20L (video update)

bmac16

Yes indeed! Only prob I've had so far is after using aqua scaping putty. It's has taken over 24hrs for it to "break back in". I don't remember it taking that long with my last reef. But aside from that I am very impressed with it!

Dont you just love the aquamax skimmer? It works so good, even on small systems. Im loving mine.

Elizabeth94

24hrs is very fast! Normal break in period if usually after a good five or so days. I think it took my new skimmer three days to start making the good stuff.

Yes indeed! Only prob I've had so far is after using aqua scaping putty. It's has taken over 24hrs for it to "break back in". I don't remember it taking that long with my last reef. But aside from that I am very impressed with it!

24hrs is very fast! Normal break in period if usually after a good five or so days. I think it took my new skimmer three days to start making the good stuff.

Sorry I should have explained a little better lol. My skimmer was already broken in, but after using the putty it started spewing micro bubbles for more than 24hrs

Water change day, did some testing

Cal- 450

Alk- 8.0-8.3

Mg-1200

NO3-0

PO4-0

My intentions are to run a slightly dirty tank. I'm suprised I still am reading zeros. I thought for sure I would read a little something as heavy as I am feeding 3 times a day

The reef I started the hobby with 20L big difference compared to today, although one thing remains I still suck at photography lol

100_1398.jpg

My cherub has become quite a devil! It harasses the wrasse daily during feeding and nighttime hours. It has taken a chunk out of my chips acro. It also picks at my 2 Zoa colonies constantly. Don't think I will try this genus again until I get a very large reef

My cherub has become quite a devil! It harasses the wrasse daily during feeding and nighttime hours. It has taken a chunk out of my chips acro. It also picks at my 2 Zoa colonies constantly. Don't think I will try this genus again until I get a very large reef

aww crap, not good. Are you bringing it back to LFS?

aww crap, not good. Are you bringing it back to LFS?

Yes, I've been noticing there is a TON of pods in the tank. So I've been passing on cleaning the glass to try and populate them to the maximum and get a ruby red scooter or mandarin possibly

Added a few pieces today

Ora red planet

Ora Brett's cap

Pink lemonade

Green slimer

Purple cap

Cal-460

dKH-9.3

Mg-1245

Archived