Top Shelf Aquatics

update of my tank

Keng Yew, Leong

Keng Yew, Leong

My 8 month old 7 gallon. Lighting is 36 watts of 12000K and 18 watts of acthinic. This tank is almost done, all it needs now is a clam n a few more SPS. Calcium, iodine, strontium n others are added at half the reccomended dosage once once a week. There's one clown, 1 flashback gramma, a banded shrimp and a 2cm hitchhiker urchin which is growing. Numerous corals.....

Enjoy...............

Originally posted by szesteve

Nice! Where are you from? I was from Singapore.

huh ? u from singapore than your location put : Waterloo, ON, Canada? ;)

ghostbear29

Hey, nice tank man. Gotta ask, how do you dose your small tank with the iodine and stronium? How many drops per gallon? Ive been finding out that too much elements in the water is creating algae and diatom blooms in mine. hmmmm, what can I do. yours is an inspiration. Great job.

Keng Yew, Leong

9 drops of a mix of iodine,strontium,molybdenum(by sera,its called marinvit plus or something like that)

9 drops of coralife calcium

Once a week for both. Its not really creating algae or diatoms as i grow some macro in the tank....the macroalgae is always trimmed back before it invades the corals. Nevertheless, there is a slight algae problem, i have installed askimmer n ill see how things go.

oh....szestve,im from Malaysia

• 2 weeks later...
Keng Yew, Leong

I bought a half dead acropora cause it was cheap. I think it is recovering fine now ( i think i see some purple in it but mayb it's juz me). There is also a new chilli coral(it's not opened up in the pic, but opens up every night). There is also a pic of the growing hitchiker urchin.

f74f6e05.jpg

the urchin n closed chilli

f74f6e01.jpg

n the new acro

f74f6e0a.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived