Shawn's Lagoon 25 - New Photos

shawnd08

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks really good.

How's the spread with the duo?

Thank you.

The spread is great. It seems to reach all 4 corners of the display and my corals seem to be responding very well. They look better after one day under the nano box than they have in the past 10 months.

Wow, the whole set up look really awesome. Very nice and natural scaping.

Thanks alot.

When I was taking the rock out of the previous tank I wasn't sure how I was going to place it so I kinda just stacked it and it worked out.

• 2 weeks later...

Took a couple more photos tonight. Got a couple of the newly added six line.

Hammer showing off one of its sweeper tentacles

DSC_0173-01.jpeg

Goby peaking out and his pistol shrimp buddy moving sand on the left

DSC_0172-01.jpeg

The six line and tail spot are becoming pals

DSC_0175-01.jpeg

DSC_0177-01.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend I will be attending the frag farmers market and plan to come home with a bunch of new goodies for the tank. Seeing as its my birthday that day it seems like a good excuse to spend money!

I will update with the new additions that I pick up.

Picked up a few frags today at the frag farmers market. Cleaned them up and added them to the tank. Tomorrow I will start placing everything.

20160305_141932.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

Some of the new additions

DSC_0187.jpg

Rockflower

20160305_192415_1.jpg

Red and blue lobo

20160305_161603.jpg

Got everything put in its spot today. Here are a few photos.

DSC_0194-01.jpeg

DSC_0200-01.jpeg

DSC_0197-01.jpeg

A few closeups of the new additions

RFA

DSC_0204-01.jpeg

Not sure on this one's ID

DSC_0207-01.jpeg

Also unsure of this one

DSC_0208-01.jpeg

Birdsnest

DSC_0209-01.jpeg

Any ID's are much appreciated. I was told the names of each when I got them but after the 17th frag I forgot most of them...

First is a montipora and second is a meteor shower cyphastrea. The cyphastrea doesn't like a ton of light.

First is a montipora and second is a meteor shower cyphastrea. The doesn't like a ton of light.

Okay awesome, do you think it will do well if I place it to a somewhat shaded spot with medium to high flow ?

A "few" frags :lol:

Tank looks really nice

Thank you.

Haha I would find one and get it and put it in my bag and move on. Never kept track and by the time I was done I wasn't sure if I would have enough room for it all. Total was 16 frags and 2 macros.

I don't think I will be needing any more corals for a while. I'm going to work on growing everything out now.

Honestly i've not had one but I was told lower lighting and flow is fine just not direct flow onto it. Just remember i'm going by what I heard as I almost snagged one. :)

Honestly i've not had one but I was told lower lighting and flow is fine just not direct flow onto it. Just remember i'm going by what I heard as I almost snagged one. :)

I have had them in almost pure shade low flow and they grow great I get better colors in low light areas

A little change of pace this weekend, the past 2 mo that I feel like I was always doing something with the tank or buying something new for it. As spring is here in New England (well it was until they added snow to the forecast for Sunday) I got my mountian bike tuned up and ready for the season. I did manage to stop by my lfs and grab some snails to add to my cuc and an anemone shrimp as well, hopping he calls one of my nems home. If I have time tomorrow I may take a few photos. In the mean time here is my Stumpjumper FSR, any one else ride ?

FB_IMG_1458180034616.jpg

Archived