Pod Your Reef

Octospawn

Aquamanshero

The at my lfs told me it was an octospawn haven't been able to find out to much information on it. is it okay that i have it close to my frogspawn I thought it would be okay since it would be the same family i think.

post-89882-0-05937400-1453063621_thumb.jpg

I've got a pretty decent sized/average Octospawn pictured in my tank thread. It touches my branching hammer all day every day. I think you will have no problem. I believe they say corals of this family can touch in most cases but to observe to be sure. My Octospawn inflates extremely large relative to the size of the skeleton. It's by far the easiest of the family to care for in my limited personal experience.

BTW According to everything I've heard, everything that applies to Frogspawn also applies to Octospawn. There is some debate (I read somewhere in an article) about if they should even be considered separate species. The only difference is the spacing of the bubbles.

I got my coral from SaltCritters.com and they have a lot of them for sale . They might be able to answer a specific question if you had one. Mine arrived healthy and has just gotten more inflated looking every day, but I'm not sure there has been any skeletal growth yet.

I've got a pretty decent sized/average Octospawn pictured in my tank thread. It touches my branching hammer all day every day. I think you will have no problem. I believe they say corals of this family can touch in most cases but to observe to be sure. My Octospawn inflates extremely large relative to the size of the skeleton. It's by far the easiest of the family to care for in my limited personal experience.

Thank you for the info! I just noticed a second head that's growing. I'll keep an eye out to see if they start pissing each other off

Archived