inTank Media Baskets

Poop!

moultonrock

Hey everyone,

2 weeks ago when i got my LR i noticed this thing attached to one of the rocks. it kind of looked like a piece of POOP! :x

i forgot about it cause i was so excited about setting up the tank. anyways, today i finally finished my DIY hood. i fired up the pcs and noticed the Turd agian. what is this thing? its attached to one of the rocks, it's kind of rubbery when i poke at it, and like i said before, it looks like somebody pinched a loaf on one of my rocksX) anybody have any ideas of what this might be?

I don't know...doesn't really look like its alive and it's still in the same spot as when i brought it home.

if it was a cucumber or a slug, could it be dead and stay attached to the rock?

it's about 2 inches long and about 3/4inch thick.

i just don't know if i should take it out or not.

ferget it.. Ill save my Vinegear fer a bigger ####ing match.

My guess? Its a Super worm booger.

you could also try looking for a pic that is similar in a book.

Originally posted by Dave ESPI

What a poopy post.  Try getting a DIgital camera before asking a....... Ug hech with it ..... Yer a moron and should be flamed.  before U ask a ######ty  graphic intense question ......question yer ability to post a real question..... AND PLEASE ! posta pic when asking a What is this? thrad....

My guess? Its a Super worm booger.

That was helpfull : ....

Anyhow, pictures do help the most so if you have a digicam than it would simplify these things. Since you don't we will have to guess. I have seen what your talking about and it is a tunicate. They are filter feeders and they like light and good current. They are pretty cool to have but the brown ones are common freebies on live rock. There are many other very cool ones. If you can get your hands on the book "Invertebrates" by Julian Sprung there are some nice pics in there.

Cameron

take it easy dave!!!

most people (LIKE ME) dont have digital camera's.

so the only way of finding out is through asking and describing what and how things look ..and it does help alot..cuz at least hobbyist gives their opinion,so people that ask these kinds of questions knows what to look for online..

dave, your the only moron here. obviously if i had a digi cam i would have posted a picture you f#%@ing idiot.

thanks so much to everybody else who are actually here to help.

yes guys, I know. but Dave and i had a little argument a few weeks back and DAVE'S LAST WORDS were "you don't post in my threads and I won't post in yours". then he goes and posts that! that's the ONLY reason i snapped.

don't get me wrong, i don't care if he's going to post in my threads, he knows his sh@#, as long as there not PUT-DOWNs like that. you've got to admit, that wasn't "sarcasm", he was asking for a fight.

maybe i'm wrong but, i don't let people treat me like crap.

thanks though, guys;)

oh yeah. thanks Dave for editing your reply to something a little more respectful. i apreciate it:happy:

Simply saying "it looks like a piece of poop" is NOT a desctiption I (nor anyone) can give sound advice or help U with.. That is what got me peeved... try using some words (adjectives) to help describe what we cant see with our eyes, and perhaps we CAN post something helpfull.zzz

It's pink with yellow and green polk-a-dots and it's shaped like a golf ball:P

Like i said, 2 inches long and about 3/4inch thick, it's kind of rubbery when i poke at it, it's brown and it looks like a piece of....oh yeah, that's "NOT a desctiption"??????

Archived