inTank Media Baskets

Coral Acclimation

NanoOrBust

I currently have a jbj unibody over my tank that is steadily dying. My corals are really starting to struggle and I am losing a few of them due to the lack of light. I had to finally break down and put an old actinic fixture above my tank while I wait for my Nano box to be shipped in hopes of saving some of my corals.

My question here is what should I set the Nano box with regard to acclimating my corals that may survive these hard times. I don't want to BLAST them with all this glorious light coming from the Nano box and bleach them out. Should I start at 20% and work my way up 5% each week? What have you all done to acclimate your corals?

Thanks in advance.

I currently have a jbj unibody over my tank that is steadily dying. My corals are really starting to struggle and I am losing a few of them due to the lack of light. I had to finally break down and put an old actinic fixture above my tank while I wait for my Nano box to be shipped in hopes of saving some of my corals.

My question here is what should I set the Nano box with regard to acclimating my corals that may survive these hard times. I don't want to BLAST them with all this glorious light coming from the Nano box and bleach them out. Should I start at 20% and work my way up 5% each week? What have you all done to acclimate your corals?

Thanks in advance.

Let me know which model you ordered and we will go from there.

-D

Thanks Dave!

Tide Plus M - 9" Gooseneck

Great.

I would personally start higher.

Royal - 75%

White - 35%

Violet - 80%

Blue/Cyan - 50%

This will be a good setting an will get things rolling again. I fear if you start to slow it will only further the damage.

-Dave

Hey Dave,

Just to make sure that I have this correctly these settings would be for Mid day?

Channel Break Down :

CH1 - Neutral White, Warm White and Lime = 35%

CH2 - Royal Blue = 75%

CH3 - Blue and Cyan = 50%

CH4 - Violet = 80%

CH5 - Moonlight ( Royal Blue ) = 5%

CH6 - NA = 0%

Thanks again for your help!

If anyone else wants to chime in on their settings for morning and evening that would also be helpful. I looked at the settings thread but people were just posting channels one and two. I would like to see what people are doing with the Tide Plus M if possible.

Eric

Archived