ReefCleaners.org

AC Media basket insert - overflowing back into tank?

stash98

Just making sure I have this set up right. I turned off the power and slid the media basket into place. Just have a Hydor 50 watt which fits right into the small second chamber right now.

Only issue is that the water overflows back down the intake tube. The water tricking out is kind of annoying, but I can live with it if I must. Is this part of what the media basket does or do I somehow need to reseat it better?

Ok, I figured it out - I lowered the intake of the filter. Duh. silly question, but it works fine now. I have the AC70 btw.

Since I made the thread anyway, I do have a few questions - I have the Pura Fliltration pad and was thinking to put it in the first chamber next to my heater (it would be lengthwise). What is the recommended size to cut a filtration pad as I was told to leave a little space to prevent overflow?

I also have chemi pure blue nano. The bags are really small but I was told 1 would be fine for an 11 gallon tank. Do you guys just put it in the bottom compartment and hope it gets as much water through it as it can?

My tank is cycling so I have some time to figure it out before I put it all in.

Appreciate the help. I just ordered some Intank Floss. It sounds perfect. I think I was oversold some stuff locally. The in tank floss plus CP Blue combo sounds like a winner to me.

Archived