Innovative Marine Aquariums

Plug in LED

Derby Reefer

Derby Reefer

I would like to do some moonlighting, but I am a little confused. Can any one explain it maybe a step by step intructions. I am more interested in power source, if the LEDs need to be in para. or series? I have basic, breadboard and electronic knowledge.

Thanks

bravoreefer

I usually run mine parallel. The voltage just varies due to your resistor. You could run series or para. What kind of question is it about the power source? I just use an ac/dc converter for mine. Im sure I could help if you have a specific question.

check out the lunar tracker on this site: http://thelebos.com/

it powers a bunch of leds and gives you a real moon effect, I just hooked one up over my 20 with 4 leds and I love it. the guy also sell the resistors you need (56ohm), just hook up to as many leds as you need :-)

-skeletor-

You can just use a scrap DC adapter from whatever you have laying around. I cut up an old Nokia charger for one, and a contact lens "whirrer" for another. Just check the voltage, as what's written on the adapter is guaranteed to NOT be what's coming out.

I think most people wire in parallel, though for very large projects you'd probably want to set up a few chains in series and run all of them in parallel to make the wiring a little tidier.

Derby Reefer

Thanks. I messed around with it the other day. First attemt, boom, LED blew up. Second attemt, worked, but I had to remove the resister to see it blow up again (It was a cheap LED) I have my wiring diagram layed out, I am just waiting on the LEDS from lsdiodes.com ($.45 a piece) I think that is a great price.

But thanks again for all your help

Archived