SaltCritters.com

Issue with lunar cycle and minimum dimming levels on Nanobox Duo

Nillawafer

Hi all, hoping to get some help with an issue Im having with my Bluefish and my Nanobox Duo. Right now I'm using a Duo that has been fitted to work with the full Bluefish controller not the mini. Currently I have all of the settings under lighting turned off besides the lunar cycle setting. The issue I'm having is that when the lunar cycle gets to the point where it is at 0% both the moonlight channel and the fan channel dim to 0%. With the Nanobox this causes the fan to run at 100%. To try to stop this I've set the minimum dimming level for the fan channel to 5% as suggested on another thread for Nanobox. Only problem is that the fan channel doesn't seem to be following the restriction of a minimum of 5%. When night schedule kicks in the moon light and fan channel both go down to 0%. Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi all, hoping to get some help with an issue Im having with my Bluefish and my Nanobox Duo. Right now I'm using a Duo that has been fitted to work with the full Bluefish controller not the mini. Currently I have all of the settings under lighting turned off besides the lunar cycle setting. The issue I'm having is that when the lunar cycle gets to the point where it is at 0% both the moonlight channel and the fan channel dim to 0%. With the Nanobox this causes the fan to run at 100%. To try to stop this I've set the minimum dimming level for the fan channel to 5% as suggested on another thread for Nanobox. Only problem is that the fan channel doesn't seem to be following the restriction of a minimum of 5%. When night schedule kicks in the moon light and fan channel both go down to 0%. Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Set the minimum a little bit higher. Possibly 10-15%. Shoot me an email if you need any help!

-Dave

Set the minimum a little bit higher. Possibly 10-15%. Shoot me an email if you need any help!

-Dave

Thanks for the reply Dave, I tried putting it to 20% the other day and it is still going to 0%. I'm wondering if it is like jedi implied and the lunar cycle setting just over rides all channel specific settings including the minimum dimming level.

I just started using the new point based programming now in beta for the fan. I won't know if it worked until tomorrow.

Tom

So you're using the point based for the fan only with the lunar cycle set as well? I'm gonna try this out and see if it works.

I just started using the new point based programming now in beta for the fan. I won't know if it worked until tomorrow.

Tom

Point based programming seemed to have done the trick. Left all channels as normal but set my fan channel based on the points. When the night setting kicked in tonight the moon light was @ 0% & the fan only went down to the 5% minimum I had set it to based on the points. Thank you for the suggestion.
Tom@HaslettMI

Point based programming seemed to have done the trick. Left all channels as normal but set my fan channel based on the points. When the night setting kicked in tonight the moon light was @ 0% & the fan only went down to the 5% minimum I had set it to based on the points. Thank you for the suggestion.

My pleasure. It appears to have worked on my end too.

Tom

Archived