SaltCritters.com

Got my Tide - freaking awesome - few questions

stash98

Got the Tide today, the shipping was very fast - Thanks Dave. Once I got it all set up on wifi I put it in demo mode and just laughed at how cool this thing is.

I went through and relabeled the channels so I know the colors. Set up Morning/evening..etc. Also set when I want to initiate each scene.

Does it automatically just initiate the scenes? I think the tank is slowly dimming for night mode so i think I'm good to go, but it is so smooth i almost didn't notice.

Also looking through this sub forum just curious what's good time for keeping the lights on without getting bad algae growth? I was thinking something like morning at 9am and night at 10pm. I like to have my lights on at night though so I was curious how long I could stretch the lights out. Maybe ill switch from 10am to 11PM.

Anyway, any extra tips anyone can share would be awesome. I think Im pretty much all set, but there are always little thing I may be missing

righttirefire

Too much drink can't understand. Love my tide. Setup.is easy. I'll advise tomorrow if helpful tips aren't given in the mean time

If you jump on the Nano Box thread you'll see that there really isn't one right answer.

I simply comes down to what your individual/coral preferences are.

I personally have my lights come on at 8:00am and slowly ramp up to 60% "blues" and 50% "whites" by 12:00.

I've had good success with that, but again your results may vary.

As for time schedules, i think as long as you keep it under 12hrs you'll be fine, anything more and you run the risk of stressing corals and inviting algae problems.

Got the Tide today, the shipping was very fast - Thanks Dave. Once I got it all set up on wifi I put it in demo mode and just laughed at how cool this thing is.

I went through and relabeled the channels so I know the colors. Set up Morning/evening..etc. Also set when I want to initiate each scene.

Does it automatically just initiate the scenes? I think the tank is slowly dimming for night mode so i think I'm good to go, but it is so smooth i almost didn't notice.

Also looking through this sub forum just curious what's good time for keeping the lights on without getting bad algae growth? I was thinking something like morning at 9am and night at 10pm. I like to have my lights on at night though so I was curious how long I could stretch the lights out. Maybe ill switch from 10am to 11PM.

Anyway, any extra tips anyone can share would be awesome. I think Im pretty much all set, but there are always little thing I may be missing

Once you put in your settings you can roll with that. It will do everything on its own afterwards. Most of the time algae growth is not because of the light but your parameters, feeding, etc. Try starting with a 12 hour schedule. 9-9?

-Dave

Archived