ReefCleaners.org

Lighting for AGA minibow 2.5

lilbit

Hi,

Can someone tell me if a Coralife 20W 50/50 compact fluorescent bulb fits inside the hood of All Glass Aquarium minibow 2.5 tank?

TIA,

Tomoko

sorry thought you meannt the stock hood for an AGA 2.5.. It fits in there but don't think it will fit in a MB because I could barely get the 10 watt bulb in the MB 2.5 and the 20 watt is bigger and longer

You can fit the 20w in there, but it does take some modding. It pretty easy though. I just bought a 2.5 to mess around with so I will document my lighting mods sometime with in the next week. Im shooting for at least 20w...either 1x20 or 2x10.

its fully possible, you can see my MiniBow 5 thrad here and look at the light mod. I fit 2 20W 50/50 in there. For the 2.5g all you have to do is to screw out the stock fixture, move it all the way to the side (u might have to grind down some dividers) and drill a new hole (3/8") for the switch and just simply push the switch through, screw it tight, and your done... :) (if you want you can add the reflector in, the 20W will prob be long enough to reach it.

good luck

Archived