Cultivated Reef

Lighting on my 20 Gallon Long

Kai One

Hi guys:

I am new to nano-reefing, and I am just tring to set up my first reef tank. I bought a Current USA Orbit lighting fixture. It is a 2 x 65w lighting fixture, so it works out to 6.5 watts per gallon. I have 2 pufferfish (GSP's which have grown to adulthood and are now in marine). I was wondering what types of corals, anemonese, etc would be good for my tank, and for a begginer. I also wondered if anyone has any experience with this light fixture, and what I can expect and if it is any good.

I had 2x55 watt on my 29 long and that wasn’t really good enough due to the extra dept compared to the 20 long, but my soft corals still looked healthy. ( I ugraded a while agot to MH) But on your set up, you should be set for all types of softies and mushrooms. I have had no luck with hard corals regardless of my lighting so I will not dare offer suggestions of any stonies that could thrive un PC lighting.

Guy

I have the same type of hood...the predecessor of your 2x65 hood...the CSL PC w/ moon. It's very easy to add a 70w MH (or 2:P) to your current orbit hood.

see my sig below for more details...:)

|

|

V

My question is for a 20 high. My wife and I just set up our second nano reef and I am not sure how much light it needs. I have built a custom hood for it so putting lights in it will be pretty easy. Any help would be great. Thanks, Rick

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

i have a 20L with the same fixture... my inhabitants include:

-Yellow Zoos

-Green Star Polyps

-Red Mushrooms

-Green Mushrooms

-Xenia

-Bubble Tip Anemones

-Green Hammer Coral

-Cup Coral (or so i'm told, i've never seen any cup coral that looks like this one)

-Brown Cup Polyps

Archived