SaltCritters.com

BioCube 29 Redux!

Idaho ken

Hmmm, I took the ledge out when I installed my InTank basket, I will check again really good when I do my water change today.

So tomorrow marks week 12....found this little piece of rock at my local Petco while I was getting salt and prime, it was 1/2 off, couldn't resist....first "coral" in the tank!

post-86438-0-21640300-1458410771_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Time for a lil update!

So, the tank hit the 16 week mark last Sunday....a whopping 4 months old lol! Last weekend I moved the tank to a new house, went relatively painless, except for breaking a piece of the divider wall from chambers 1/2....now it sits a little to low and the water flow is kinda off....so I have a temporary fix until I find a piece of plastic to epoxy in place.

I removed the hood and purchased a new Nanobox Duo, thank you IRS....wow what a light, still learning how to use it, but love the controller via my iPhone! No loss of critters in the move, and I now know that my pistol shrimp is still alive, even though I haven't seen it for months!

post-86438-0-46424400-1461193293_thumb.jpg

post-86438-0-37002000-1461193296_thumb.jpg

post-86438-0-93024300-1461193297_thumb.jpg

fishfreak0114

Congrats on 16 weeks! Glad it made it through the move unscathed :). Nanobox has some kickass lights, and I agree, the iPhone app is amazing!

Well I saw this lil guy last week when I had to get some water, and just had to have it! First Fish in 8 weeks.....cute lil guy, now I've got to think mate or, a couple of different buddies.....Cardinal, blue spot, or maybe a flame angle in there as well.....

post-86438-0-81870100-1462032514_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...

Geez has it really been A YEAR since an update?  Almost a year anyway.

Life takes it's toll, change is inevitable, and I found myself moving to Utah a few months ago.  Packed up the tank and drove 750 miles in a day, and set it back up. 

I did loose a few critters in my move, sadly my pistol shrimp/orange stripped goby dissapeard, as well as my strawberry crab.  Also melted away was a small zoa colony.  Mushrooms, frog spawn and candy cane survived, as well as my maroon clown and cleaner shrimp, and an emerald crab.

Most of my snails and two hermits also survived.  I hope I don't have to move again for awhile lol!

Now that things have been up and running for about 8 weeks, I added a 6 line, a small frog spawn, a couple zoa heads, and a few pieces that I can't remember the names of!

IMG_0468.JPG

IMG_0458.JPG

Archived