Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Point based schedule

SpencerShepard

SpencerShepard

We're getting ready to roll out a new point-based option for lighting schedules. While the current Morning/Midday/Evening/Night setup will work for 99% of people, this has been requested from people doing interesting things or who need a bit more flexibility. It's available to try now. This is currently a beta feature, and it's possible there could be issues. If you'd like to try it:

-Follow this thread

-Use the Bluefish 2 app (available in the App Store and Google Play)

-Go to Settings > Extras > Development Area

-Area: dev Password: redfish Extra: (blank)

Then go to Settings > Lighting > Channel Settings > Channel #. Turn on Manual Mode and create a Manual program. Proper point format (this may change) is as follows:

9:00,100 (9am, 100%)
13:00,1.5 (1pm, 1.5%)
sr30,10 (real sunrise time + 30mins, 10%)
30ss,10 (real sunset time - 30mins, 10%)

Separate points with "-"

Example:

9:00,50-12:00,100-17:00,100-17:00,50

post-19236-0-80326700-1450637780_thumb.png

Any syntax errors will break the light cycle for all channels, so it should be very obvious. If your light turns off, or you don't see anything on the light graph, then you have a syntax error. Make sure there are no spaces in your program anywhere, including at the end of your program.

Since this is beta, it's possible we will change the syntax to be easier to read/write. If we decide to change the syntax, your schedule would break, so please follow this thread so we can give you a heads up before we make changes.

Please let me know what you think!

SpencerShepard

Excellent! How should we report issues that we see related with this?

Email is always best, support@aquarium-led-controller.com Thanks!

great idea! see even though I may have had reservations of this thing requiring the internet to get its config, it also allows the best features and continual updates!!! keep em coming spencer!

I'm testing the new functionality, but today when I arrived home the fan was not spinning and the lamp was super hot. I'm worried because my settings are very simple (as well as what I want to accomplish), which is: Fan runs at 95% during the day and stops at night. I can't find a reason why the fan was not running during the day.

It would be interesting getting feedback on others testing the new feature. I want to know if this is something only with my unit.

SpencerShepard

I'm testing the new functionality, but today when I arrived home the fan was not spinning and the lamp was super hot. I'm worried because my settings are very simple (as well as what I want to accomplish), which is: Fan runs at 95% during the day and stops at night. I can't find a reason why the fan was not running during the day.

It would be interesting getting feedback on others testing the new feature. I want to know if this is something only with my unit.

Can you post your program? A screenshot of the light graph would be helpful too.

Can you post your program? A screenshot of the light graph would be helpful too.

Here are snapshots of the light graph and free mode at the time that I found the fan stopped. I don't have the manual settings because I changed them since, but they were basically 8:00,0-8:01,100-8:02,96-21:00,96-21:00,0

Thanks for your help.

IMG_2806.jpg

IMG_2805.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am curious, can I use the point based schedule for just one channel? I only want it so I can turn my moonlight channel off at 11pm every night. Then leave the rest running how they are.

Tom@HaslettMI

I just signed on for the beta and now the controller is offline. I can't get it to reconnect. Resetting it via unplugging did not fix it. What do I need to do to get back online?

Thanks,

Tom

PS I am also sending an email to you Spencer.

SpencerShepard

Replied by email, but I believe it is likely an error is your program. Just fix the error or turn the manual program off.

• 1 month later...
Tom@HaslettMI

I did get it to work. You were correct I had an error in the code. However, I would like to adjust the point based schedule but can't seem to get into the beta area. Is it still accessible?

Thanks,

Tom

SpencerShepard

I did get it to work. You were correct I had an error in the code. However, I would like to adjust the point based schedule but can't seem to get into the beta area. Is it still accessible?

Thanks,

Tom

Thanks for pointing that out. It's fixed now!

• 1 month later...

I can't login to BF2. I shut down BF1 thinking it may be a conflict and BF2 is not asking to blinkup I assume its not necessary. I really want more control. Thanks

• 9 months later...
SpencerShepard

Guys, I'm getting ready to release point-based scheduling. It requires some code restructuring, and this trial-method will have to go. If you are currently using this, you will need to change over once the new method is integrated. I will give warning before the firmware update is pushed out, but I recommend that you turn this feature off and adjust your settings as necessary before it is removed.

Archived