Top Shelf Aquatics

Dirty Cycle.

Nemo_4_Ever

Nemo_4_Ever

Does the tank usually get quite dirty while in it's cycle until you get a clean up crew? I'm finding like brown dirt all over the bottom of the tank, I just get it with my net to neaten it up a bit and just take it out. The LFS doesn't have any snails at the moment so I cant get a clean up crew but is that the reason that its so dirty? Is it normal?

newbiecarlz

hey nemo, im in oz too and none of my LFS can get snails either!

ive been told its a supply problem - they cant import inverts into australia so they have to aquaculture them here and the supply is unreliable. thats also apparently why they are $15 each when u can find them!

with regards to your cycle, im a newb myself but i know my tank had a lot of diatoms and various algae/cyano blooms, and i think its normal. my tank is only a month or so old, and i have one trochus snail who is doing an awesome job of eating up my algae. get one of those if u can find one!

Nemo_4_Ever

ty carlz, i probably wont be able to order off the net >.:) (They're Soooo small at the moment and I think there's too much for them to handle)

newbiecarlz

well i dont think its too much of a problem not being able to buy online, because i dont even know of any australian sites where you can order marine stock online.. (!?) do you know of any?

Archived