Innovative Marine Aquariums

How's my cycle going?

Nemo_4_Ever

Nemo_4_Ever

OK so I have a 10 G saltwater tank at the moment it's in it's cycle.

Nitrite was fine last week now it has just shot up. I have had the tank set up for 3 weeks and a few days. I had some white gooey substance on my live rock, a disease. It had created a whole heap of Ammonia and now I have to wait a while for it to cycle fully. I did hose the disease off the rock. The odor also disappeared. I did that within the first week of it. The temperature is around the 80 F mark. It does go up and down every now and then but not too much. I have the light on for about 6 hours each day other wise it heats up too much. Oh and I have 2 very very small hermits in my tank. They go around the glass. I need to clean it because I have much algae growing on it. My PH level is about 8.0 it keep evaporating and the salt is sticking all to the glass and around my tank. It's annoying! X) So I have to keep collecting it and stirring it back into my tank. I am doing water changes weekly. (The Nitrite Level is 3.3 :o )

So does that sound alright so far?

get the temperature and the lights sorted out asap

you need to be able to have them on for at least 8 hours a day (i run mine 12 hours) when your set up is finished and if your having heat issues now then you'll cook your fish and coral when your finished cycling

Archived