inTank Media Baskets

hurt A. Sebae

creaturenex

creaturenex

hi

i just got myself 2 A. Sebae(or very similar clowns) at my LFS today and one of them because its small was hiding all over the tank and running away, well we were able to catch but it got hurt and while in my tank i notice his right eye is cloudy and scratched and part of his fin and right side is white, looks like cotton with a big scratch. while at the fish store he was 100% fine great very active and just a goofball now in my tank just seems to wander slowly about while the other one is ok ( caught him the first time )

what can i do to help him? i looked at him when i left looked ok just very jumpy but when i got home i noticed the changes in him

p.s. the tank was also full of sebae anemones could he gotten stung on his scratch whiched caused infection? is he missing his slime coat?

plz help me i don't want him to die

thanks oscar

sounds like some general abrasions from rough handling. in the future insist that the LFS use a specimen container instead of a net to catch fish. it is both less stressful and less damaging to the animal. for this poor little guy you can either just keep EXCELLENT water quality and wait it out or you could try using Melafix. Melafix is a very good reef-safe antibacterial/healing remedy that i have used many times to great effect. its kinda like neosporin for fish, except you dont have to directly apply it to the animal. just about any LFS should carry it, just be careful to follow the directions very carefully, and let me know how it turns out for you.

creaturenex

sorry to say that my little clown didn't make it :( too bad would have been really part of the family was a great ball of energy

Archived