SaltCritters.com

HELP! Hammer coral

fishfreak0114

fishfreak0114

You also have flatworms, correct? I was just looking at your thread. Are you sure they're not the thing causing problems on your LPS?

Can you take the rock out, chip off the zoas you want to keep and get rid of the rest? If you're slowly killing palys with vinegar injections and glue, I would think they're going to definitely fight back with chemical warfare. just my opinion though.

Just checked for flatworms, nada on the hammer. I may just do as you suggested and get off my nice ones and toss the whole rock. Too bad though, that was like the nicest rock in my whole tank :(

There are actually two types growing amongst the evil ones, if I could get one or two polyps of each to grow out that would be good, also, the rock with the bam bams is attached, I'd have to chuck it too, the greens have reached it.

fishfreak0114

I'm going to get my nice zoas off now and chuck the rocks as suggested. Thanks for all the help, I never would have guessed paly toxin (well maybe after EVERYTHING died I would have caught on lol). I'll keep posting a

On how it goes and I'm gonna do daily water changes until things are happy again.

Could it be from running double carbon? One time I ran 2 chemipure which was way to much for my tank and my sps turned white and I was also losing my torches and some shrooms then I took out the chemipure completely and I then noticed my torches coming out more within 12 hours big diffence

fishfreak0114

how are the fish doing? Good?

o

The fish are good, I kept panicking and tapping the glass to chase my curious flame angel away from the palythoas (when they were still in there an hour ago). It seems that this has only affected the corals, my shrimp and he it's re totally good. Weirdly enough, in addition to the soft corals, the the Duncan is as happy as ever.

Could it be from running double carbon? One time I ran 2 chemipure which was way to much for my tank and my sps turned white and I was also losing my torches and some shrooms then I took out the chemipure completely and I then noticed my torches coming out more writing 12 hours big diffence

I'm thinking its the palytoxin because template didn't just turn white, all it's tissue is coming off and deteriorating. It's actually kinda nasty. I'm gonna take the second chemipure out pretty soon though so I guess I'll find out if that's playing a role in the health decline.

o

The fish are good, I kept panicking and tapping the glass to chase my curious flame angel away from the palythoas (when they were still in there an hour ago). It seems that this has only affected the corals, my shrimp and he it's re totally good. Weirdly enough, in addition to the soft corals, the the Duncan is as happy as ever.

I'm thinking its the palytoxin because template didn't just turn white, all it's tissue is coming off and deteriorating. It's actually kinda nasty. I'm gonna take the second chemipure out pretty soon though so I guess I'll find out if that's playing a role in the health decline.

I would take the plate out ASAP or it may just irritate the corals more.

fishfreak0114

I'm thinking that the candy cane is ok, just pissed off because when I had the tank lights out for wc and fragging, it's feeders were out. Here's a pic of the frags, on the sand until I can get new rock, which will probably not be for a month or two because the roads are bad already.

image_zpsgtmqrtrp.jpeg

Currently the palythoas are freezing outside. Unfortunately I don't have access to my tank again until tomorrow, I have a feeling that the plate will have zero tissue by then :(

image_zps4rvzwb4p.jpeg

Could the palytoxin have sped up the tissue necrosis on my pagoda cup? It had been slowly happening for over a month but then it got really bad really fast. Just last night I fragged off the last healthy area in hopes that it would live, and chucked the rest of the dying colony so it wouldn't pollute my tank. You can probably see the little piece by my front glass on the sand

fishfreak0114

Well, just a quick update, things are looking better, the hammer is open more and so is everything else. Actually, I think the paly toxin was bothering the zoas too because one of my colonies wasn't opening like at all through the whole thing and now it's totally open. I moved the two cut frags to a mini rack because my hermits were knocking them over all the time and actually half the polyps went missing :(. The plate doesn't seem totally dead like it did before. It has some color and it's mouth is still there. Any chance of recovery?

image_zps0zzayg2m.jpeg

image_zpsjkkll5p3.jpeg

Archived