inTank Media Baskets

RODI Plumbing Help!

davy jones

20151201_072016_zpsw29sndgc.jpg

20151201_072058_zpspjbz7fkm.jpg

This is the adapter for the faucet i got, They said that this should work with any standard faucet.....

20151201_071842_zpsxdmwgrlu.jpg

20151201_072139_zpsn1wkb5lg.jpg

The faucet is slightly too small for the adapter.. What do i actually need to make this work? The girlfriend says no to hooking up to the washer line as my previous rodi leaked, so she wants this one in the main sink.

Where'd you get the one that was too big?

You should be able to get one that matches the thread size on your faucet, or at least an adapter that would allow that one to work. Take the aerator with you to the store.

Went to home Depot with the areator and tested sizes, it fits on the 5/8 inch (17mm) compression fitting. Which tells me I need a 5/8 inch female to garden hose or 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch male. Which doesn't seem to exist on amazon, Lowe's or home depot...

EDIT: I am told that it is very likely i dont have a 5/8" faucet but a M16x1 which is 16mm. So now im looking for a Female M16x1 or Tom Thumb adapter.. Anyone have knowledge on this?

Might be easier to buy a standard sized faucet. I just replaced my parents faucet with one from Home Depot and a good name brand faucet wasn't all that expensive.

Other options are a $8 garden hose wye on your washing machine cold water supply or a feed water adapter on your existing faucets cold water supply for less than $10, both of which I would recommend before a faucet adapter which ties up the faucet for hours when making water while the other two options don't affect the faucets usage.

Archived