Top Shelf Aquatics

more flow for jbj nano cube Idea

kappa

I can see how this will not work on my setup. If you ever plan on upgrading your lights, then you will need a fan. If you have 88 watts like I do, you will need two fans. The fan on the left will block the space required for the nozzle to go over the sump wall. Go take a look, You will see what I mean if you plan on adding a fan or two.

Great work on the diagram, it made your idea very clear.

The way I have my PH in the first compartment is working out very well. I will soon write about it, and post it in my website DIY.

thanks kappa,

i didnt think about the fans, but i actually already have 2 fans on my tank (they come standard with the 'boyu' version - same tank, different brand) the fans in mine are directly over the back 'sump' area, but are really slim.

i tried just then with a PVC tube i use to siphon my tank - 3/8" size (i think that must be internal diameter, cause its quite fat), and it had room when the hood was closed to get the tube over the sump wall. i dont know if this is an adequate size tube though?

im more concerned that the flow pattern would work, how did your mod affect the flow pattern in the display area of the tank?

actually ive had another idea, would it work better if i continued the 'output' tube from the new PH down the back wall of the display, so i would have outflowing water coming out lower than the stock outlet?

hmm so many options...

Hmmm, 3/8" is kinda small, but it might work if your flow is set to 80gph. My fexible hose is 3/4" , and fits inside the loc-line plastic pvc part.

I have mine set on 80-90 gph. The flow is weak, and weak enough to not disturb the substrate. The diffuser nozzle I bought in particular has a thin flat nozzle and a joint at the opening of the nozzle it self. I picked this nozzle in particular because I wanted the flow to be mostly aimed towards the surface.

I don't understand your last question.

Archived