Top Shelf Aquatics

NanoBox New Units : URGENT!

DaveFason

Hey guys,

If you have received a NEW unit ( new series Tide, DUO, QUAD ) PLEASE READ THIS!

I have found an issue if you flip the Bluefish connector upside down. This can and will blow a chip on the driver board itself. After months of prototyping this did not show up and curious why it is now. I apologize for this and will be taking full action to fix this.

IF YOU RECEIVE A NEW UNIT PLEASE READ THE MANUAL AND INSERT THE PLUG LIKE SO!

CORRECT WAY :

22623530889_0272dd830f_c.jpgUntitled by David Fason, on Flickr

23025974361_e5738eef96_c.jpgUntitled by David Fason, on Flickr

22622628429_8e68f44040_c.jpgUntitled by David Fason, on Flickr

INCORRECT WAY : DO NOT DO THIS!

22989712646_9bb8d04fb7_c.jpgUntitled by David Fason, on Flickr

22988808296_1850dbd530_c.jpgUntitled by David Fason, on Flickr

If this has happened to you please contact me directly by email. david@nanoboxreef.com

I will take of you!

-Dave

So basically, the metal contact points face up? Do the instructions say to face the contact points down or does it not mention it in the original directions? I should have my light tomorrow. Thanks Dave.

Do we need to take apart the Bluefish controller to access the connector so we know which way to orient the plug?

So basically, the metal contact points face up? Do the instructions say to face the contact points down or does it not mention it in the original directions? I should have my light tomorrow. Thanks Dave.

Do we need to take apart the Bluefish controller to access the connector so we know which way to orient the plug?

The Bluefish controller has two sides. One side that is blank , the other with screws. The blank side it the top side. I will post pictures now. There is a small arrow on the plug itself. Simply plug it in and you are set. Again this is something that did not show up in prototyping so I am trying to find out how this happened.

Update on this. With the help of a good friend I was able to figure out exactly where it went wrong. Everyone has been contacted and will be fixed. Orders that have not shipped are being switched to new cable and no more problems.

Thanks everyone!

-Dave

Archived