Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

question about the Bluefish controller

sharknado

I was thinking of ordering a Nanobox Duo, but currently don't have a cellphone, and or tablet, how would I go about accessing the lights, and programming them without a cellphone? couldn't find much info online other then the features of bluefish, not accessibility options to the program.

jedimasterben

You would need to have one for the initial setup. You can use an android emulator in Chrome on your computer, but the initial blinkup process may fail as your monitor will need to flicker ultra fast. You could access it through the Chome emulator after you did blinkup, but realistically you would just need a smart device for it.

Also, just FYI, you can get an android tablet on amazon for less than $40.

I was thinking of ordering a Nanobox Duo, but currently don't have a cellphone, and or tablet, how would I go about accessing the lights, and programming them without a cellphone? couldn't find much info online other then the features of bluefish, not accessibility options to the program.

Like Jedi said, you do need some type of phone of tablet for set up. You can then use a PC.

Here is a link to an amazon $30 tablet!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RJTIN4U?keywords=android%20tablet&qid=1446388474&ref_=sr_1_9&s=pc&sr=1-9

-Dave

Marc.The.Shark

Phone a friend. Use someones (family/friend) phone or tablet to do the blinkup, then use the emulator to make any changers later on. Just delete the app from their device when finished & you're sure you can get the emulator to work. In fact, i beleive there is a test account for Bluefish that you can play around with (if Harry didn't hack the password again!). Contact Spencer at Bluefish & ask. That way you can try & see if you can get the emulator to work for you.

thnx for all the adice I will try the emulator, and if it doesn't work I can always buy the 30 tablet off of amazon. I appreciate all the answers. My last question how long from order to arrival is the wait usually?

thnx for all the adice I will try the emulator, and if it doesn't work I can always buy the 30 tablet off of amazon. I appreciate all the answers. My last question how long from order to arrival is the wait usually?

Right now about 7 days.

-Dave

I'd just bite the bullet and get the cheap tablet. While you can get someone else to get you started, power failures will require you to go through the blink-up process again (does for me anyway).

jedimasterben

I'd just bite the bullet and get the cheap tablet. While you can get someone else to get you started, power failures will require you to go through the blink-up process again (does for me anyway).

That's definitely not normal. Even for extended outages, as long as your WiFi credentials and SSID stay the same, it should reconnect no problem.

It's rare, so I generally haven't given it much thought, but every time it loses power, I have to re-do the blink-up sequence.

SpencerShepard

It's rare, so I generally haven't given it much thought, but every time it loses power, I have to re-do the blink-up sequence.

Nope that's not right at all. Can you test that when you get a chance?

Archived