Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Firefish jump

bravoreefer

bravoreefer

I just got home from work today and after i take my shoes off, I check my fish tanks. I got in to look at my MB7 for my clown, found him, and my firefish , MIA. Then I looked in his dart hole, no fish. Then as I was leaning around the edges I felt something touch my foot. What touched my foot was the body of the Firefish all dired out like a piece of jerky. Moral of my story, if you get a firefish, keep him by himself or with a FULLY covered top to keep thier dumb asses from jumping out onto the carpet.

RIP Lava...

X(

that really sucks... was ur tank open top or did you have a little gap somewhere?

i think the clown finally got to him and made him do it :(

bravoreefer

Lid was on fully, I just think he made his jump out from the filter area since a little gap is there. I think that the clown might have scared him? Who knows. I'll spare posting the picture of it.

bravoreefer

I don't know of many percula clowns being jumpers. Trinity, the clown, will own the MB7 till I move back to college. Hope all goes well with yours.

Time to admit it, mine died too... I`m not even sure when. It wasn`t coming out the most before then but I did see it and then I just stopped seeing it. Who knows it could of jumped and a cat ate it or could of died under a rock and be eaten really fast by some of the clean up crew. Maybe I`ll get a purple one if I can find it

bravoreefer

Yeah, when I got home he was no longer a pretty fish hiding in his dart hole, but a dried fish stick on the floor... Anyone have a fish recommendation for a buddy for my perc in my MB7? I have thought maybe a Royal Gramma?

bravoreefer

Yeah, Firefish was first in the MB7, then 3 weeks later came the Perc. I guess the Perc scared him into doing it. The Firefish was always hiding ??? since I added the Perc. I doubt I'll get another FireFIsh.

Nemo_4_Ever

Blergh, poor thing. I'm not getting one, since I'm getting a Perc :P, they seem to go really fast at the LFS. They get them all in and then the next day they've disappeared. Although I think they're breeding them. Best to get them while they're small?

bravoreefer

Best to get everything when it is small/young. That means it is young, so it as a longer life ahead of it that you can share with it. So in theory yeah, get it small.

I feel your pain. I had, notice had a firefish in my 10g. Had screen across the opening in the back of the hood, no holes. Didn't see it for a day, finally looked under the tank, fish jerky.

Only thing I can figure is he hit up against the netting and sliding down and behind the lip of the tank. X)

I have just a hybrid neon goby in there now, debating another firefish or not.

bravoreefer

I am considering getting another, but it is not looking good. I would like something not so shy. They are beautiful fish, but the are timid to Perc's. A Firefish was my first SW fish, and will always be remembered.

Archived