ReefCleaners.org

Nano Box Metal Tank Mount : Ideas/Opinions

DaveFason

Hi guys,

I have heard some people say only if Nano Box offered a different arm/mount for the units.

What would you guys like to see? Something that is adjustable back to front and up and down? It would not be standard to the unit and more of an upgrade.

Thoughts? Ideas? Opinions?

-Dave

Meh. Stick with whacha got. Gooseneck is your best friend. And if you don't like that, hanging kit. People are way too picky these days. JM2C.

Oh, and I'm sure people will be looking for something similar to the AI Prime mount.

Meh. Stick with whacha got. Gooseneck is your best friend. And if you don't like that, hanging kit. People are way too picky these days. JM2C.

Oh, and I'm sure people will be looking for something similar to the AI Prime mount.

Yeah I have to agree on the ai mount.

Acrylic legs might be good for some people

Maybe something that hold up to the screws for the lid.

Also maybe a new hanging kit that uses the lid screws for mount points. For the people that like to swap out mount options without drilling and such.

I like the gooseneck although wish the base of it was more streamlined/attractive. Not a big issue for me. It's nice and small, easily adjustable. Could you wrap the gooseneck in different colors? That would be cool.

i hate the prime mount, but i do love the EXT. if you could find a way to hide the cords, that would be awesome.

perhaps a rimless tank mount for the hybrid........

for each unit have a certain minimum and maximum length the legs come in and out, then give each unit the same min and max that. Do this from the mini to the quad. I guess like the current usa led models but a fixed height,maybe.

I have decided I have far to much time on my hands lol. Been and knocked up an idea with paint hahahaha. Might not be practical due to size and expense of materials, but could be really cool.

light%20braket_zpsmbkkf9qe.jpg

I've seen people use 10mm acrylic bent as an arch to hang or stand a light on. You could also use stainless steel or alloy, of course cut or laser etch the nanobox logo in the ends.

Alternatively use the same design with the same choice of materials as a fixed bracket as others have already mentioned. Would enable a larger mount/clamp area that should help it look less bulky like the goose necks do. Biggest issue with the single leg would be loading the glass of the tank and cracking it. The arm (particularly if it's acrylic) will be heavy on it's own so the size of the light you could hang on it would be limited, a full arch would be resting on the glass as opposed to twisting it.

I do not have a nano box, but I don't find gooesnecks that appealing. If you had something like the Ecotech Radion mounts (but not as large for the tides) I would buy it for an extra cost.

This one has a bend where the wire sits. Makes for a super clean look.

2014_05_interzoo_norimberga_2014_ecotech

I personally love the gooseneck, as high as u want as low as u want and placement over the tank anywhere!! Sorry I know that doesn't help ur thread but I just wanted to point out u shouldn't have to fix what ain't broken.

Dave,

although I do not own a light from you Yet I think your lights and fixtures are just fine the way they are. Sure people could make 100's of suggestions but in reality the gooseneck and hanging mount you have work just fine. You'll drive yourself crazy trying to come up with the dozens of options people could ask for but it seems the ones you have, have been very successful.

I say keep what you got and keep cranking out a beautiful and amazing product!

Is there a way to treat the metal to reduce/eliminate rust? A clearcoat of some sort?

I would think there would be some way around it. hmm..

If you put a layer of clear rubber that could work.. If you are familiar with muscle cars, the hood pin cables have a layer of some kind of clear rubber material to keep it from rusting. I have no idea if this is even an option, and have no idea if the added salt with water would be an issue.

Is there a way to treat the metal to reduce/eliminate rust? A clearcoat of some sort?

I would think there would be some way around it. hmm..

If you put a layer of clear rubber that could work.. If you are familiar with muscle cars, the hood pin cables have a layer of some kind of clear rubber material to keep it from rusting. I have no idea if this is even an option, and have no idea if the added salt with water would be an issue.

The issue is moving the gooseneck. Once moved the coating can easily come off. :(

Tom@HaslettMI

What about that Rustoleum product "never wet"? That might be an option... if it is any good.

Tom

Doesn't stick well on metallic surfaces and rubs off really easily. It's also milky white in appearance once dry.

Honestly Dave, stick with what you have. Upgrading a fixture that was made for a hinging kit would be easy enough to change over, but any fixture that uses a gooseneck (the majority of fixtures I would guess) would be a bear changing it over with trying to remove the wiring from the gooseneck and clamp mount. You could have the wires exit separately from the fixture, but I personally like the fact that there are no exposed wires with the gooseneck.

I'd like to see a rim mounted option for your hybrid.

I agree with this. Maybe some adjustable legs of some sort like posted above. I don't really care for the hanging wires from the ceiling part. I am going to make some arms that screw to the back of the stand to hang the light from and run a canopy to cover it till I can come up with some other option.

• 2 weeks later...

Can a nanobox Tide and Duo made to be fitted on a prime mount? Or you could design a sleek aluminium tank mount. I think swiveling movement like prime is not necessary. Just a study mount with adjustable height and length. This kind of mount would be cool especially on quad fixture which rely on two goosenecks. You could get away with one sturdy mount.

Archived