Innovative Marine Aquariums

7.5 cube build

ABC

If you're going to spend the money in doing that,why don't you just get a IM 10g all in one or the one from Petco ?[/quote

A nice all in one would work, I will think about it I have plenty of time to decide. Really it's a place to hide equipment so the display looks clean. With a sump I would have more options for equipment than an AIO, but there is a lot of good nano sized equipment these day and I don't need much a filter and a place to run carbon and maybe some sort of cooler for summer time.

Update,

Water testing,

Ammonia= 0

Nitrite= 0

Nitrate= less than 5

PH = 8.0 will check again in the morning to see what the swing is

Salinity = 1.025

Changed about a gallon of water tonight.

The Kessil light arrived and has been running for one day the intensity is low right now I will keep it low for a week or two. This tank will only be a softy tank so I will probably never turn it over 50%.

Coralline algae is starting to show up on the rock.

I'm still concerned about the Zoas but I think there doing better.

Added the first fish, a green chromis he is really small right now. And hiding under a rock he comes out about every five minutes and checks stuff out then goes back in the rock. The other fish I want is a yellow clown gobie. Then this tank will be full.

I doubt this is coraline you see growing since it is such a new tank (unless you started with lice rock with coraline already there.

Its possible it is cyano. Is it growing in uniform circles? If it is cyano, dont worry its a common thing with new tanks.

I doubt this is coraline you see growing since it is such a new tank (unless you started with lice rock with coraline already there.

I'll investigate a little further maybe try to scrub it with a toothbrush.

Its possible it is cyano. Is it growing in uniform circles? If it is cyano, dont worry its a common thing with new tanks.

The rock is turning like a neon green color in small spots, and a couple really small reddish round spots forming on it.

Update

The tank ha been running for over 2 months, and the pentameters are

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 10

PH 8.0

Salenity 1.025

I also did a 2 gallon water change after I checked peramiters.

I also added a shark nose goby about 4 days ago both fish are doing really well.

Since I added the fish I have been feeding a little on the heavy side so the nitrates jumped I will do another 2 gallon Change in a couple days.

The Zoas and star polyps are doing good under the Kessil light.

The Kessil is controlled by the apex, the intensity starts at 14 and ramps up to 22 and then back down two 14. I will be raising the intensity slowly. So far the Kessil has been pretty fun.

I also bought a intank filter from petco it's an aqueon AT 10 it has about 57 gph the original filter sucks but I put in floss and a tablespoon of carbon instead and it does help a little. With the 240 gph powerhead and the 57 gph filter my flow might be too much in a cube. So I am using the apex to turn the hydor nano on for 30 minutes every 2 hours I will give this a few weeks and see what happens I may adjust it a bit.

Update pictures of reef this time I turned up the white light. The Kessil is doing great still slowly adjusting intensity. Removed the hydor nano 240 everything seems better, replaced with aqueon AT 30 not great but plenty of room for media and fits inside aquarium also has plenty of flow.

82A5E463-D6D3-4808-BB26-5CDC2E552C45_zps

6F6CC0DE-201E-4FAD-9834-D1395AF953B3_zps

B239EC4C-829A-4333-AD6F-BBF01956402C_zps

B64FFCED-0DDB-4745-B1D7-F9F44B3B07A1_zps

Pictures taken with iPhone camera not the best but what I got?

reefernanoman

FTS for Christmas my wife did the decorating.0F41805C-E401-4A50-A477-7A85229F9042_zps

You upgraded your light to a Kessil? Great choice! I love my Kessil's. Your tank is doing nice too BTW.

Update purchased a new frag yesterday with palys and Zoas on it. This morning when I woke up the palys were eating one of the feeder shrimp that I put in the tank after it cycled. I only paid .15 cents for them but they were in the tank for a couple months and doing good. It doesn't bug me too bad just hope they don't eat the goby.

Picture of the shrimp getting ate

2C9D3A52-4EBB-4731-8145-592844550145_zps

Picture of new pals and Zoas

FFFD0CA9-304C-416E-B4B1-9A23C5169407_zps

Old Zoas

D910D4D4-DB4D-4EA9-8953-2039C8CB7C9E_zps

And star polyps

AD0577FA-041B-4147-ABE8-17809415AA45_zps

The green chromis jumped, he fit through a 1/4 crack in the back. My wife found him wicked really sucked.

Also my purple star polyp have been closed for two day everything else is fine. I did s two gallon water change and added one tablespoon of carbon in the filter. Hope it helps

Sorry for the sad update?

reefernanoman

The green chromis jumped, he fit through a 1/4 crack in the back. My wife found him wicked really sucked.

Also my purple star polyp have been closed for two day everything else is fine. I did s two gallon water change and added one tablespoon of carbon in the filter. Hope it helps

Sorry for the sad update

That's crazy. Sorry to hear that. Honestly those chromis fish need a much bigger tank and they are best kept in a big school for like a 75G tank. I would suggest to just stick to nano tank fish like small blennies, gobies and such. Barebottom eh? I would grow some GSP on the BB. It looks cool once it's done.

Archived