Cultivated Reef

Nano Box Tech Guys I Need Your Help!

Begow

I've recently acquired a V2 array Nano Box Mini-Tide that has a Storm Controller. I also have a V1 old old old Nano Box Mini-Tide that has no controller.

Is there any way to control the existing V1 Mini-Tide and the V2 Tide with the one Storm controller? If so, is it something DIY'able, or do I need to contact Dave to see if he can do it for me?

Thanks guys!

jedimasterben

Get one of the new driver boards.

Actually, the storm one uses LDD. Just wire the old one into the new one in series on each channel.

Get one of the new driver boards.

Actually, the storm one uses LDD. Just wire the old one into the new one in series on each channel.

Hmmm. Is this easy? Will I need a soldering iron? Any way of me finding pics for reference? I'm becoming more handy but electrical is still foreign to me.

jedimasterben

I wouldn't consider it very easy, but it's not difficult. Soldering the wire is preferred as that way the connection is permanent, but you can just twist together. If you took clear pictures of the connections before making any modifications, particular attention paid to which wire is going where, it is not difficult and would be something you could be easily walked through.

I've recently acquired a V2 array Nano Box Mini-Tide that has a Storm Controller. I also have a V1 old old old Nano Box Mini-Tide that has no controller.

Is there any way to control the existing V1 Mini-Tide and the V2 Tide with the one Storm controller? If so, is it something DIY'able, or do I need to contact Dave to see if he can do it for me?

Thanks guys!

If you are able to send them both in I can get them rolling. Will be much easier. :)

If you are able to send them both in I can get them rolling. Will be much easier. :)

I wish I could, I just don't know how my tank would fair with no lighting for a week+. I don't have a local club I could borrow one from either sadly.

The light comes in today, so I will take a lot and take some pictures of it this evening.

Archived