ReefCleaners.org

25 Gallon Lagoon Non-Photo Tank

Funkateer_1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I've never seen a Plesiops. Looks like they can be pretty aggressive eaters. How is he with fish his own size? Nippy at all?

It's pretty low. Maybe a gallon a week?

I have the osmolator hooked up but not running yet. I need more tubing.

Mine is evaporating 48 oz daily

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I've never seen a Plesiops. Looks like they can be pretty aggressive eaters. How is he with fish his own size? Nippy at all?

Mine is mellow. He got his butt kicked by a black tang in a 180 gallon holding tank. He will eat small ornamental shrimp, birtlewoems, and maybe small fish. He lived with small sixlines in my last tank. This particular species is rare, but a grey species trickles in from PI somewhat commonly. Good luck finding one on a wholeseller list, i got mine on a trip to SDC

• 4 months later...
Funkateer_1

Still have the primes? If so, whats your opinion?

Still using primes. They work well, but then again I'm not growing anything particularly light sensitive.

Funkateer_1
Here's something else I haven't tried in a long time. Diodogorgia strait from a collector. Let's hope the shorter supply chain minimized its damage in transit.

20160319_193206_zpsbfnz2bvg.jpeg

20160319_193158_zpspryuy9dd.jpeg
  • 3 weeks later...
Funkateer_1
I like the Diodogorgia so much I got a second one. Clowns have been very hard on any coral that hosts them... so they get a pot instead. They have been laying eggs very frequently. I need to grab another pot so I can exchange them as they lay eggs.

20160403_195916_zpsjvxr7tbn.jpeg

20160403_195906_zpsi5em3tcw.jpeg

20160403_195933_zpsvvkossvn.jpeg
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They work OK. They're a little tricky to dial in the flow, especially with so little pellets. Luckily its easy to breakdown so you can clean it out often.

A little bit more about the tank.

- I replaced the stock return with an RLSS DC 2500. I keep it on the lowest setting and its blasting out. It is absolutely silent and has a nice feed mode.

- I'm using 50mL of All in One pellets. I'll see how it goes. I'm keeping just soft coral and some rare fish I brought with me from SD. I am dosing 2 drops of Zeobak daily to seed the pellets.

- I have a Tunze 6040 for flow.

Here are some more pictures:

143pafp.jpg

2e202rs.jpg

2iv0903.jpg

2aq5jm.jpg

I have a tv next to my setup....it's impossible to watch anything with a reef there

• 2 weeks later...
Funkateer_1

What kind of sand do you have in there? Or, did you have it there.

Caribsea crushed coral. The blue bag.

Really pretty tank. I'm still so amazed at how many different types of tanks and setups there are in our Nano community. It really is a very diverse and interesting hobby

Funkateer_1

Caribsea crushed coral. The blue bag.

Not at all. Carib crushed is big enough to put in a calcium reactor. It just removed it because it collected so much uneaten food. I got tired of vacuuming it. The water chemistry was awful....Nitrates well over 100pm and Phosphates off the charts.

Damn I love your gorgs, we need more gorgonian tanks. What's your feeding schedule like?

2jbkb8.jpg

Feeding is done daily. I mix all these foods in a container, let the powder hydrate and then broadcast feed. I dont always kill the flow. I think these types of animals adapt better to faster flowing food. I do turn off the power heads a few times a week and let the food really soak in. Its good for the dendros. I usually put a little food in to initiate a responce then I pour it all in later. On my days off sometimes I'll feed throughout the day. I do a 10 gallon water change weekly and run KZ Carbon, Phosguard, and polyfitler. I also have AIO Biopellets in a CPR tumbler.

I travel and want to have a life outside the tank, I have not fed the corals for up to a week with no issues. I tried putting food on my Libra Doser but it fouled within 24 hours. Mini fridge for auto feeding is in the works once I find one that will fit under that stupid IM stand.

Lastly I rarely run my skimmer. Maybe 6-12 hours a day if at all. I will say this though, that IM ghost does pull head and responsive even though I'm always turning it on and off. My $600 KZ Revolution is fussier than this thing.

Funkateer_1

Some more pictures during feeding... I apologize for the blurry pictures and dying mangrove lol...

20160610_112245_zpshplqtlvd.jpg

20160610_112304_zpsln6mfjnh.jpg

20160610_112316_zps1doz4snx.jpg

20160610_112237_zpsmphgotam.jpg

20160610_112232_zpsvmoa78ys.jpg

20160610_112218_zpsrj6ggkpc.jpg

Archived