Top Shelf Aquatics

4x36 vs 6x24 ati 40B

TotesMaGoat

Why not a 4x39? I have had some good setups running just 4 bulbs. Spread over my 18 inch wide tank very even. You get more light spill on that size tank with 6 bulb and if raise it as said your gonna light up your room.......Check out the current totm and it has sps top to bottom under 4 bulb. ;)

Hard to argue with results like that! I just had a hell of a time getting a good mix out of my 4x24, I'll have to dust it off and see how I like the blue+ with coral+. Congrats on TOTM!

Tek is nice solid fixture. I liked all mine. Tad less par than Ati fixture when I tested them.

Hard to argue with results like that! I just had a hell of a time getting a good mix out of my 4x24, I'll have to dust it off and see how I like the blue+ with coral+. Congrats on TOTM!

Thanks. In past was hard to get good 4 bulb combo. The old blue special bulbs washed out IMO and the new coral + is so much better. Everyone that has seen my tank loves the color.

Mr. Clownfish

It looks like you have already made up your mind on what fixture you want to go with. But I am very happy with my T5 fixture. Its an ATI 8x24. these are fantastic fixtures and the reflectors really help produce a lot more tight towards the water. I couldn't be happier with my set up. At least until I have to buy new bulbs for it again :bling:

IMG_0722_zpsb0cdqrz5.jpg

It looks like you have already made up your mind on what fixture you want to go with. But I am very happy with my T5 fixture. Its an ATI 8x24. these are fantastic fixtures and the reflectors really help produce a lot more tight towards the water. I couldn't be happier with my set up. At least until I have to buy new bulbs for it again :bling:

IMG_0722_zpsb0cdqrz5.jpg

is that a 40b? looks like great coverage. bulb replacement costs make me hesitant about going with an 8 lamp as i am about to grauate from college, though yours looks killer! Thinking ill probably be running 4 of the 6 lamps on this tek, but for a little more than 220$ after gas to go get it, hard to turn down

Mr. Clownfish

Yes its a 40B. Here is the link to my build thread. http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/365626-mr-clownfishs-40b-reef/

Yeah that sounds like a great deal. Yeah I'm really dreading the day that I have to replace the bulbs. But overall I think it will be worth it. I had some really good growth with this fixture over my JBJ RL45 and I think it will do the same thing over the new tank.

Archived