SaltCritters.com

i can see why people sell their reef tanks

ReefMadman

I think biocube just being such an enclosed system does cause a problem with pH as they're so closed off, another I always heard was problem with heat. I think you'd have a different experience w/ an open 20L.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heat is not a problem...I'm running the Steve's leds extreme sps retrofit kit...constant 78 degrees all day and night

I know what you mean. Had to put my Golden Retriever "Duke" down last night, it was extremely unexpectedly. He was perfectly fine one day, broke his leg and they found cancer in his bone last night.. He was my best pal. It is devastating, I wish I could hug him one last time. I cried all night, and all day today.

I am trying to get my mind off of his death, it will take a long time to heal. I hope you don't have to go through this soon. Unfortunately it is an inevitable fact of life that all pet owners must go through. I hope you both push through this. Remember, it is okay to grieve over an animal, dogs are mans best friend. You build bonds with them as strong as bonds created between two people, sometimes stronger.. I wish you all the best.

Sorry to hear about your dog....i know what u mean...my dog has slept in our bed and ate every meal with us for the last14 years...he even takes a shower with me...that's the only way he doesn't fight the process...lol...i will miss him when he goes....but he's had a great life...spoiled rotten...i will eventually get a nice tattoo of him in remembrance...

But he's not dead yet :) he lives to be a pita another day.

I think biocube just being such an enclosed system does cause a problem with pH as they're so closed off, another I always heard was problem with heat. I think you'd have a different experience w/ an open 20L.

Agree with you, I stay away from the AIO tanks, always issues with them or something always needs to be changed/upgraded. And all those corals and fish in your 2 month old system just crashed it. Can't just wait till a tank is cycles and then throw in a bunch of corals and fish and not expect it to crash. Smaller systems also crash way faster, with all that sand and rock your water volume is WAY less.

Nah...the tank crashed because i screwed up...beginners mistake....only had a couple of rough days....i lost the acros because the tank wasn't ready for them....that was probably gonna happen either way....all of my other corals and inverts and nem are doing great again..only have 2 fish...but the chromis is being donated to a friends tank...gonna get another clown....and only have the 2 clowns in the tank...its all good...And if everything dies....so be it....I'll just sell all of this "junk"...

sympathies, dude.

i have an 8g cadlights. i love it. it is one year

old and trust that i have made my fair share of mistakes.

nothing bad enough to crash the tank, thank gods, but

i think i just go lucky.

it can be a very hard hobby indeed. and if you don't

have patience and can't leave things be, it can be even

harder. sorry for what you had to go through--but you aren't

the only one.

I know it doesn't make a difference but I'm very sorry you had to put your Golden down. If you don't mind me asking, how old was he? I have a Golden who is 7 and started limping. I think it's just a sprain so I'm giving it some time to heal. It seems to be getting better. He's my buddy, my shadow. His name is Jack and I've had him since he was a little ankle biter.

Archived