Pod Your Reef

EZ's Fusion 10 (finally stocked)

Eckozulu

That little guy is freaking awesome! Did you order him online or?

All from Pieces of the Ocean. Those guys are great. Check out their sponsor forum.

Bro, already here. What do u suggest?

I like gobies myself. You have the one but it does not pair up with shrimp. I have always like the high fin gobies and a shrimp. Being a 10 galloon fish are hard. It is sad but clowns are the only real fish forth small tanks.....

I have a black barred convict goby IMG_3762.JPGbut it hides all the time....

Nice. I do have a yasha and shrimp pair in my 30L. He comes out, but I really want some active swimmers.

That is the same issue I have. I am just not a fan of the clowns and they are the only fish you can put in a small tank.....

Thanks bro. IKEA, kitchen cabinet, $50, then I added a top, done.

I need to buy a stand for my fusion 20. I have the white AI prime so Maybe ill check IkEA out for a cheap but solid stand

I need to buy a stand for my fusion 20. I have the white AI prime so Maybe ill check IkEA out for a cheap but solid stand

If you need to strengthen it you could always frame inside with 1X2 or 1X4's.

http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/spr/79034455

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KQH8HMU/ref=pd_aw_sim_60_of_9?ie=UTF8&refRID=18YM9P1B6Z8BKV3CSGCY

Cabinet $65, legs $8.

You can even go to a granite place and pick out a remnant for the top. I did that for my 30L and it was $75.

If you need to strengthen it you could always frame inside with 1X2 or 1X4's.

http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/spr/79034455

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KQH8HMU/ref=pd_aw_sim_60_of_9?ie=UTF8&refRID=18YM9P1B6Z8BKV3CSGCY

Cabinet $65, legs $8.

You can even go to a granite place and pick out a remnant for the top. I did that for my 30L and it was $75.

sweet, thanks for the link. I will seriously consider this when I'm ready to buy the stand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally got some corals in this bad boy.

Reefgen frogspawn

Aussie Splatter hammer

Aussie white tip torch

Reverse bleeding Apple Scoly

Hoping to get orange torch from House of Sticks

Got the flaming prawn goby in there

Mocha Vinci clown

Phantom Clown

Since I don't really see the FPG, any other ideas?

Lastly, set up the Apex dos for AWC. Still waiting for an old/new water container, coming soon.

So..... Here are the pix.

image_zpstaj3yczm.jpeg

image_zpsdputmnsl.jpeg

image_zpsot45hye9.jpeg

image_zpsjevre5d1.jpeg

image_zpsciixorqv.jpeg

image_zpsd3syll0h.jpeg

image_zpswyfpksfo.jpeg

I liked your rocks so much it inspired me to add a bit more to mine. I think I have rock envy.

Thanks! Been playing with rocks more and more. Here's the 30L.

image_zps5m91oa15.jpeg

Got my saltwater reservoir from Advanced Acrylics. Sorry Smiz, you've been too busy with tops.

Divided in 2. 4.4 gallons on each side. Drain on one side, to empty old water. Hooked up to the Apex Dos. Changing about .30 gallons a day. Full 10g a month.

image_zpsyx60q5jf.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

A public thanks to EZ for the Ikea cabinet idea. After some re-assembly with glue and metal bracing, it's rock solid and a perfect storage platform for this little tank, and the dimensions are a perfect fit.

Thanks! Been playing with rocks more and more. Here's the 30L.

image_zps5m91oa15.jpeg

Please tell me about the middle rock, how it is attached. I really like that sort of floating structure.

Please tell me about the middle rock, how it is attached. I really like that sort of floating structure.

Had a piece of shelf rock, cut it perpendicular, epoxied some extra tunze magnets, done.

Holds well, easy to take out and mount frags. I love it.

Got my saltwater reservoir from Advanced Acrylics. Sorry Smiz, you've been too busy with tops.

Divided in 2. 4.4 gallons on each side. Drain on one side, to empty old water. Hooked up to the Apex Dos. Changing about .30 gallons a day. Full 10g a month.

image_zpsyx60q5jf.jpeg

Really love this idea might have to do this on my next tank. My only question is how to you deal with evaporation and topping off with freshwater with this constant water change system?

Really love this idea might have to do this on my next tank. My only question is how to you deal with evaporation and topping off with freshwater with this constant water change system?

I have a Elos ATO, and a 2.5g water reservoir for fresh water. The DOS exchanges the same amount of water at the same time, so the ATO isn't affected.

I do know some people have their apex turn off their ATO, then the dos removes water, then replaces water, and finally ATO turns back on. All on timers.

I have a Elos ATO, and a 2.5g water reservoir for fresh water. The DOS exchanges the same amount of water at the same time, so the ATO isn't affected.

I do know some people have their apex turn off their ATO, then the dos removes water, then replaces water, and finally ATO turns back on. All on timers.

Ok cool,sounds like you have a great system there. Love it so far!

• 1 month later...

Ez,

I got the idea for AWC using DOS from you. Thanks! :) Still have some questions...

0.3 gal/day you spread it during the whole day? I set-up mine to do 9ml every 10 min and not sure if this is the best way.

Aside from AWC, how often do you do a manual water change and how much water do you change?

Thanks a lot!

Ez,

I got the idea for AWC using DOS from you. Thanks! :) Still have some questions...

0.3 gal/day you spread it during the whole day? I set-up mine to do 9ml every 10 min and not sure if this is the best way.

Aside from AWC, how often do you do a manual water change and how much water do you change?

Thanks a lot!

My AWC goes off between 1200-1230pm. And once a month I still do about 2g water change, just to vacuum the sand. Hope that helps!

Archived