Innovative Marine Aquariums

clean clown?

reefer21

I think this question is little stupid in general, but I will still ask for an opinion. Are clowns supposed to be cleaned by cleaner shrimp? I thought they had special mucus on their skin that was sensitive to touch and helps to protect them. Also I was wondering if my maroon clown is going to be ok, because he was cleaned last night by my skunk cleaner shrimp and when I woke up this morning he looks like he has some white scratches/abrasions all over his scales? Is this normal for this to happen on their first cleaning? Will they get use to it and it won’t look like that anymore?

I have a false perc and he has been cleaned a couple of times. The fish would not have allowed the shrimp near him if he didn't want to be cleaned. There was a reason the fish allowed this and the scratches will go away.

Normally my clown is pushing the shrimp away but at night under the moonlights, I have seen my cleaner ask to clean the clown and I watched the clown position herself to allow a cleaning. This has only happened a couple times.

Relax a little and enjoy the show.

Archived