Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

JLB's Fusion Experience

JabaReef

Well I have been creeping in this forum looking at everyone else's build threads for a while now and decided to make my own.. Hope you guys enjoy!

Tank has been running for about 9 months with no issues and hopefully don't ever run into any.

Current FTS: November 2015

22576570767_e72a6986af_z.jpg

Equipment:

IM Nuvo 30L

IM Skimmer

Running Carbon and filter floss in the media baskets with ROWAPhos one week out of the month to help with Phosphates

I am currently using a MARS LED light that one of my friends locally gave me after breaking down his reef tank but have enjoyed it so far and had good results as well.

Livestock:

2 clowns

general CUC (turbos and blue leg hermits)

cleaner shrimp

Sand Sifting Starfish

Thinking about in the future going with like a 6 line wrasse maybe a BTA we will see what the future holds.

Coral:

Hammer Coral

Frogspawn

Xenia

Kenya Tree Coral (which has spread like wildfire)

Favia (not sure of what kind)

Eagle Eye Zoas (started with about 10 polyps now it has grown to about 70)

Mushroom Coral (unsure of the name)

Green Open Brain Coral (my newest addition)

In the future I plan on adding some SPS corals as well has another open brain, a torch, I would like a toadstool, and possibly some candy cane coral.

Close ups of some of the corals and one of my little ocellaris clownfish!

21557377549_990baca857.jpg

21732637872_7fc74f0532.jpg

21753595491_f41a3a5c31.jpg

21556372108_c5860af970.jpg

So found some photos of some beginning photos, sorry for the quality they were iPhone photos,

I first got my tank in February from my LFS and decided to go with reefsaver rock from BRS

21576846550_5f0145cabe_z.jpg

and about 3-4 months in when I had more of a "wall" formation with the rocks. That lasted a short while until I got on here and started seeing all the unique designs you guys were coming up with so I decided to go with a little more of a separate design with the rocks (it seems my corals, fish and inverts really like the space more than a wall of rock)

21738760116_cf2d4afe83_z.jpg

I also thought the light was way too low so i moved it up a few more inches to give some spread through out the entire tank since it is such a long tank. I also had the heater in the tank which I think looked a littler out of place so it is now in my filter chamber heating the water.

I will say it seems like I have enough water flow with just the return pump but I have a Hydor Koralia pump but like I said it seems like too much flow? Thought about ordering an mp10 so I can control the flow a little more unless someone has some ideas?

So found some photos of some beginning photos, sorry for the quality they were iPhone photos,

I first got my tank in February from my LFS and decided to go with reefsaver rock from BRS

and about 3-4 months in when I had more of a "wall" formation with the rocks. That lasted a short while until I got on here and started seeing all the unique designs you guys were coming up with so I decided to go with a little more of a separate design with the rocks (it seems my corals, fish and inverts really like the space more than a wall of rock)

I also thought the light was way too low so i moved it up a few more inches to give some spread through out the entire tank since it is such a long tank. I also had the heater in the tank which I think looked a littler out of place so it is now in my filter chamber heating the water.

I will say it seems like I have enough water flow with just the return pump but I have a Hydor Koralia pump but like I said it seems like too much flow? Thought about ordering an mp10 so I can control the flow a little more unless someone has some ideas?

Nice tank! Nine months is some time, congrats on keeping it steady for roughly 270 days.

I LOVE my Vortech pumps.. nothing beats them. They don't add any heat, are very controllable, are silent, and can even wirelessly communicate with an Apex or to your phone using a ReefLink

Nice tank! Nine months is some time, congrats on keeping it steady for roughly 270 days.

I LOVE my Vortech pumps.. nothing beats them. They don't add any heat, are very controllable, are silent, and can even wirelessly communicate with an Apex or to your phone using a ReefLink

Thanks, and I have been nonstop looking at videos of them for the past month or so and love everything about them from being programable and also being able to link to something like an Apex just takes the hassle out of it (one less thing I need to worry about)

Thanks, and I have been nonstop looking at videos of them for the past month or so and love everything about them from being programable and also being able to link to something like an Apex just takes the hassle out of it (one less thing I need to worry about)

You could also get a Reeflink if the apex is too much. You see them for $60 used on the forums, or $100 new.

You could also get a Reeflink if the apex is too much. You see them for $60 used on the forums, or $100 new.

I would rather just spring for an Apex if its preferred and I would rather have the plus pH model just help out a little more. I will have to do some research on the Reeflink to see more on it.

I would rather just spring for an Apex if its preferred and I would rather have the plus pH model just help out a little more. I will have to do some research on the Reeflink to see more on it.

Oh if you have the money to spare on an Apex, go for it. Apex controllers are awesome... Temperature, PH, controllable outlets, alarms, emails, texting, etc.

For a cheapo like me ;) a ReefLink works; just giving me wireless control of my Radion and Vortech

Oh if you have the money to spare on an Apex, go for it. Apex controllers are awesome... Temperature, PH, controllable outlets, alarms, emails, texting, etc.

For a cheapo like me ;) a ReefLink works; just giving me wireless control of my Radion and Vortech

still might be worth a look at the ReefLink I suppose if I could pay a quarter of the price thats just more money for corals lol

• 2 weeks later...

New full tank shot had some extra rock so I decided to connect the center rock and right side rock with a little island thinking about overloading it with zoa's? any thoughts?

21473690873_e650c100d9_z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So I had a crazy idea and not sure how I would do it or if it would even work.. I love chalices and was thinking of finding a way to attach one to the back wall of the aquarium and letting it grow out like a shelf from there? Anyone have any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

Well my birthday is tomorrow and my buddy told me to come over and he surprised me by fragging some corals I have been wanting and one I have no clue what it is?

Wasn't 100% sure what this one was but he said it was a Kenya Tree, I was thinking it was a green nepthea?

22861363661_28bdfca8fc_z.jpgI

He gave me a baby green ricordia hopefully it does well

22227461304_0a1b3de163_z.jpg

Got a toadstool can't wait for it to grow out his was about the size of a football

22850205495_f420b40f6d_z.jpg

and then a coral that he wasn't sure what it was anyone have any ideas?

22431858828_b5a3438e86_z.jpg

So I had a crazy idea and not sure how I would do it or if it would even work.. I love chalices and was thinking of finding a way to attach one to the back wall of the aquarium and letting it grow out like a shelf from there? Anyone have any thoughts?

Glue or a mag rock!

I was thinking about gluing it but I suppose I would have to drain the tank enough to get the glue to take?

??

Have you never used coral glue? Thats how you mount corals to rock. It ONLY dries under water lol

I recommend EcoTech glue... some of our sponsors sell it :)

http://www.marinedepot.com/EcoTech_Marine_Elements_Coral_Glue_Reef_Glue_Epoxy_Putty_for_Saltwater_Aquariums-EcoTech_Marine-EM58451-FIMTEP-vi.html

??

Have you never used coral glue? Thats how you mount corals to rock. It ONLY dries under water lol

I recommend EcoTech glue... some of our sponsors sell it :)

http://www.marinedepot.com/EcoTech_Marine_Elements_Coral_Glue_Reef_Glue_Epoxy_Putty_for_Saltwater_Aquariums-EcoTech_Marine-EM58451-FIMTEP-vi.html

No never had to glue anything in don't have any frags I have personally fragged before and the leathers I have had have just seeded themselves and stayed :wacko:

No never had to glue anything in don't have any frags I have personally fragged before and the leathers I have had have just seeded themselves and stayed :wacko:

Coral glue is amazing and dries really quickly. Just put some on the coral, hold it against something (rock, etc) for 30 seconds or so, and done

Coral glue is amazing and dries really quickly. Just put some on the coral, hold it against something (rock, etc) for 30 seconds or so, and done

will have to pick some up wanted to frag my zoa since it has exploded and gone from the original 10 head frag to about 100 in the colony now

So this morning woke up the lights on my tank finally came out and started to look over all of my corals and I believe my euphyllia is starting to split now! It appears that this on stem is now branching to two mouths? Owned the coral for about 4 months with no growth just watching it, so I am getting super excited!

22456341387_8abc309d6d_z.jpg

So looking at my Hammer colony growing I started looking at my frogspawn which I have only had the single stalk for about a month or so.. And it has three new heads that are branching off, it's also a bicolored frogspawn so can't wait to see if one of these heads is the purple color coming in!

22857304356_5e54a032ff_z.jpg

and figured I would throw a photo up of a different angle

22869802302_e89722863f_z.jpg

^^^Oh and my new arch that I made for the tank!

Well picked up some coral glue (thanks to Harry's recommendations) and got a new frag that I have been eyeballing at my LFS and glued it up pictures to follow!

So got my new coral glued in front and center to show it off can't wait for some growth this is probably my new favorite coral I have in the tank!

22978665111_747a4d71b2_z.jpg

Archived