inTank Media Baskets

Netscout's 30 Breeder

netscout

I got this one started late last year and finally got some pictures to post. Specs:

Hardware

30G Breeder mostly open top

20G Long sump w/2 plexi baffles (DIY)

400W PFO Metal Halide Pendant with 20kk XM bulb

20W NO actinic (for dawn and dusk)

AquaC Urchin skimmer

GenX 4200 return pump with SCWD

2 x Maxijet 900 Powerheads

50 lbs. Kaellini Live Rock from Dr. Mac

about 10lbs. of Southdown (1 inch sand for looks only)

RODI water

Oceanic Salt

Fish

Pair of True Perc Clowns

6 line wrasse

yellow clown goby

Lyretail Anthias

Brazilian Fireball Angel

Corals

Various Zoos and Ricordia

Blue Stripe Mushrooms

Red Mushroom

Pulsing Xenia

Green Star Polyps

Blue Ridge Coral

Alveopora

Blue Pagoda

Blastomussa

Sun Coral

Candy Coral

Green Echinophylia

Encrusting Orange Montipora

Orange Montipora Cap.

Purple Montipora Dig.

Blue-Polyped German Dig.

Olive Elkhorn Montipora

Blue-tipped Staghorn

Green Tipped Staghorn

Green Acropora

A. Loripes

A. Millepora (pink)

Pink Pocilipora

2 inch Maxima Clam

Here are some pics.

-Rob

Tank Left

tankleft.jpg

Tank Right

tankright.jpg

T.Maxima Clam

clam1.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. I know it's a borderline nano, but I read this forum for a good 6-8 months before setting this up. I owe a lot to this community. Thanks.

-Rob

ReeferMonkey

Wow. Very nice, good economy of space. I especially like the large acro colony on it's rock out in the sand. The color tones of the tank seem to be well matched. This page is going to be bookmarked for later use when I set up a 40-65ish tank. Great tank.

Could you give me some history on the Lyretail. How long has it been in the tank? Has it shown much stress? I'm quite fond of them.

Skeletor,

Thanks. That encrusting monti was my first SPS coral. It's an awkward shape and was really difficult to place in my tank, but it seems to be thriving where I have it now.

-Rob

Originally posted by skeletor

wow netscout, looks nice.. I especially like that encrusting monti.

-skeletor-

ReeferMonkey,

Thanks for the compliments. The acro colony is my newest addition and has only been in the tank for a week. I wanted to start it low and not directly under the 400W Halide. The only other acro colony I ever purchased started higher and more center in the tank, and I think that helped contribute to the RTN that quickly ensued.

I've had the Lyretail for 2 months. She stressed me out for the first week by not eating anything I put in the tank. Finally got her to snack on live brine shrimp, and now she eats everything. She is the unquestioned boss of the tank, kicking the 6line out of the choicest cave location. She seems to be thriving at this time.

-Rob

Originally posted by ReeferMonkey

Wow. Very nice, good economy of space. I especially like the large acro colony on it's rock out in the sand. The color tones of the tank seem to be well matched. This page is going to be bookmarked for later use when I set up a 40-65ish tank. Great tank.

Could you give me some history on the Lyretail. How long has it been in the tank? Has it shown much stress? I'm quite fond of them.

Ninhsavestheday,

Thanks for your comments.

The Brazilian Fireball Angel is the South American version of the African Flame Back pygmie angel. They are both bluish-purple fish with orange-yellow stripes on thier backs. The main difference is that the Brazilian version has a blue tail, while the African's tail is yellow. The scientific name is Centropyge aurantonotus.

-Rob

Originally posted by ninhsavestheday

what kind of fish is a fireball? nice tank.

Archived