inTank Media Baskets

tomcat's New Project - 10 Gallon Via Aqua

tomcat

Well,

I got my 10 gallon via aqua a few days ago from theaquariumshop.co.uk and it arrived in good condition (i would recommend theaquariumshop.co.uk to anyone in the UK - got some nice tanks)

The tank itself arrived with a clear glass back. I was hoping it might come with a black background, but it didnt so my first little mod was spraying the back (used black spray paint - worked pretty well)

The tank came with a filtration system, though this arrived in pieces and no instructions and by the looks of things i dont really think it would help that much - therefore ive left the back clear and will eventually fit an ac 300 with a diy fuge like alot of you people have done, and maybe an internal or external skimmer when i get round to it.

The lights, i will eventually have to upgrade/add to as the pc bulb reads PL - 11W/8000K which probably wont do in the long run, though for the most part im going to keep the tank FOWLR.

Also bought, from aquariumsuperstore.co.uk (another great online shop - particularly for UK residents):

Mini-Jet 606

Mini-jet 404

Visi-therm 50W heater

Instant Ocean Sea Salt

Hagen Nutrafin Master Test Kit

Nets/Food etc

Anyway, ive attached some pics, will be getting the live sand rock water etc soon and will post more pics thenl. Thanks

tank1.JPG

topview1490.JPG

light60994.JPG

Archived