Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New tank, new live rock, new sand, newbie

Simulated Fish

Simulated Fish

Definitely NOT a bubble tip anemone, but looks pretty cool!

Probably a good guy :)

Ah yeah sorry it is some kind of pseudocorynactis I do believe. I commonly see them called orange ball's (all be it incorrectly)

I found one in my starter reef last night on the rock I got from the store is it hardy? My tank is still in the cycling process. Do they bother coral? I'm really excited to see the expensive rock I got actually has life other than alge on it that is.

I found one in my starter reef last night on the rock I got from the store is it hardy? My tank is still in the cycling process. Do they bother coral? I'm really excited to see the expensive rock I got actually has life other than alge on it that is.

Simulated Fish

They are carnivorous, so keep an eye out if you plan on having small fish. Good rule of thumb is they can eat anything the size of the mouth, but they WILL stretch to eat bigger food! Mine did stick my red leg hermit but he got free since it is still so small.

They can sting other corals but tend to not be terribly aggressive. I would still give it about 6in of room from other coral to be safe.

Just keep an eye on it and you should be fine I have had this little guy with no trouble and occasional spot feedingto help growth.

They are slow to multiply thus considered non-invasive by most.

At the end of the day if you are avid in caring for them and keep its husbandry needs in mind it will be an awesome addition to your new tank, plus you have something to watch grow as you cycle!

Simulated Fish

thanks i guess i will keep her around while i let the tank cycle it is cool knowing theres something to look after.

By the way they are nocturnal. So you will see extension mostly at night and early morning.

Archived