Pod Your Reef

$1600.00 fish!

Puffer1

Thought you might like to see a pic of a rhinopias that was at the Old Town Aquarium in Chicago. Hubby and I vacationed there last week and I shot this pic........I think he's totally awesome!

2muchreef4u

i left reefkeeping a couple of years ago to try my hand at these guys, called flower horns. basically a hi-brid type of cichlid ranging from U.S.$2500-$10,000 (i'm not kidding). they are starting to get popular here in the U.S. overseas businessmen collect and breed them. many of them have monkey looking faces and awesome colors even nicer than some saltwater fish. you can even pet & feed them by hand just like a puppy :o

it4.jpg

holyherbiness
Originally posted by 2muchreef4u

many of them have monkey looking faces... it4.jpg

Yeah man. They do have monkey looking faces.

quiksilver5768
Originally posted by 2muchreef4u

i left reefkeeping a couple of years ago to try my hand at these guys, called flower horns. basically a hi-brid type of cichlid ranging from U.S.$2500-$10,000 (i'm not kidding). they are starting to get popular here in the U.S. overseas businessmen collect and breed them. many of them have monkey looking faces and awesome colors even nicer than some saltwater fish. you can even pet & feed them by hand just like a puppy :o

it4.jpg

Cool fish, but I'm actually more interested in the person's phone right next to you that is also taking a picture. Anyone know what kind of model from nokia it is? (it looks like a nokia) It looks like a phone that can only be bought in Europe or Asia, not the US. hmmm...

2muchreef4u
Originally posted by quiksilver5768

Cool fish, but I'm actually more interested in the person's phone right next to you that is also taking a picture

sorry quiksilver, i just linked that particular photo to show the pic of the fish, i don't know who it belongs to

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by MarLooney

rhinopias don't cost that much... still nice though.

yes some varieties do. The more common ones are in the 200-300 range, I saw a few the other week that were 600-700 Wholesale!

Rhinopas are really cool. I saw a picture of much purple one.

Quicksilver, the phone is Nokia 7650. My little cousin have one. They are nice but 6600 is better

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived